Back pain (top, middle and bottom)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get a lot of back pain, I'm sure work related, picking up heavy items and bending down to do stuff all the time.

I think recently it's been getting worse. Painful down the bottom of my back that sometimes goes down to my knees and legs.

Pain in the middle of my back, sometimes feels like a burning sensation in the middle of my spine, and sometimes I can feel it around the bottom of my ribs.

I also get pain up the top, my shoulders ache and I get pains in my neck which I'm sure gives me headaches (almost daily at the mo).

Gosh, all that sounds like I'm falling apart. Worth getting seen to or just live with it? Would a doctor be able to do anything more than recommend pain killers?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jawibble, it's possible that the pain in your neck and shoulders are causing your headaches and burning pain in your lumbar region may be disc or nerve pain. I would suggest you see your GP and ask to be referred to a rheumatologist who can run various blood tests and arrange for you to have an MRI of your spine as I suspect you may have some degeneration of your discs. Pain meds may be offered but you may Olson be offered cortisone injections. May I ask your age? You may find your pain is arthritic. I wish you well and please do let me know what your GP decides
  • Posted

Your doctor should refer you for an x-ray to start with. Are your employers doing all they can to reduce the risk of damage to your spine? If not they should be supplying whatever equipment is available to reduce the risk of damage to your back. You only have one back and it is vital you take care of it. Once serious damage is done it is rarely reversible. You might benefit from physiotherapy or osteopathy. Good luck. D
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. I think I will go and see my GP as I am finding myself feeling either in pain or uncomfortable more often and regularly taking pain killers for it.

I'm 35. I work with my dad as a kitchen fitter so regularly picking up heavy tools and worktops, bending over for hours taking tiles off the floor which I doubt is good for my back.

• Posted

When you say it could be arthritic pain, what does that feel like? I ask because I also get pain and a burning sensation in my right elbow sometimes and just wondering if that could be. It's only mild pain and doesn't really bother me though.
  • Posted

vist your gp they will tell you whats the best advice is and whatn painkillers you can take some over the counter work some do some dont 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.