Back to see my consultant

Posted , 7 users are following.

After seven weeks from the op i have a check up with my consultant think it will just be an x ray and see what sort of movement i have in the thr hopefully will lift some of the precautions and i will be able to sleep on my side 😊

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dominic.

I am 5 weeks RTHR and I started to sleep on my non operated side a week ago. I was desperate to get some sleep and with pillows between my knees it has been fine. Always best to check with your surgeon though. I see mine on Saturday.

Hope they do X-ray us and show us. Be good to see.

• Posted

Hi Kim,

pits woderful and encouraging to read how well all of you hippies are recovering. 

I go in Jan 2017 it no. 3  then on to keeping up with all of you! 

Heeling blessings sent sent to each of you.

Hopexxx

• Posted

Good luck to you. Can't believe you are going to do it for the 3rd time. I hope it all goes well, I am sure it will.

Keep us posted.

Xx

• Posted

I am 6 weeks post LTHR. I started sleeping on my good side after 1 week with a pillow between my legs. I have been sleeping on the operated side now for 2 weeks. Not fully, but more or less. I can't sleep fully on the scar side as I can feel where the incision was made, as it feels a bit uncomfortable. The hospital told me it was fine to sleep on the operated side the day after the op.

Good luck. X

• Posted

You are doing great Julie. So put on your dancing shoes all ready for the Holidays.👠👠

• Posted

Hi Dominic,

the next check up will include X-ray for checking the implant to see how well the bone has grown into the femur device . The implant is ckecked for proper alignment and how well heeling hacks come to secure the implants in place.

You walking and gate will also be checked as well as the typical heart blood pressure, temp, etc. any complications will be ruled out at this time according to your health and wellness advances from THR. 

Some me restrictions can be removed and the freedom of driving is a biggie. It's like we hippies blames a teen just from being so dependent on family. 

Peace & Heeling. 

Hopexxx

• Posted

hi dominic, 

congratulations !!!

write your questions down and take it with you ... your time with surgeon usually is very limited, 10-15 minutes .. (if that)

let us now how it went, okay ?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I didn't get an X-ray at my 6 week check just had a look at my scar and said everything was fine and that was it! The physio had taken a measurement of my legs and said they were the same length. I suppose if you are not reporting any problems and the walking is fine they would just assume it was working okay?

• Posted

Hi Dominic, at my 7 week check I had an x-ray, but didn't get to see it. Didn't see the consultant, saw a more junior doctor, all v rushed, they were short staffed and he couldn't get me out fast enough! He checked my scar, and pretty much said do whatever you want now... Write down any questions you have. Good luck!

• Posted

Well all went good went for a few x rays first then seen my consultant checked range of motion i have now made sure i didnt have to much pain liffted some pf the precautions side sleeping ect. I asked about swiming said i could start in couple of week back to see him in another 7 weeks 😊 plus got a nice picture of the x ray 😛

• Posted

frame that X-ray.,glad to,hear you doing so well. 

Swimming will help get the core and leg muscles back, with out the struggling . Water seems so relaxing . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.