Back to work

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am 6 weeks post op for large entrocele and moderate rectrocele plus tot. When did other ladies return back to full time work

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

6 weeks is very early days, take as long as you need/can.

Recovery can take many months and please don't take any chances and be very very careful even when you feel great it is so easy to overdo things and not realize until it's too late.

The problem with employers is that their priorities are guided by business interests first, at end of day we are all just a number and they really don't care!

Don't be bullied into going back too soon as very difficult to protect repairs from down pressure while at work, so take the time you need for deep tissues to heal. It's all very well at home feel g great when not doing too much , but working for hours on end with relentless pressure on pelvic floor and then going home too family/household responsibilities can be too much.

Please take care and don't rush back!

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Thank you so much I feel like I am being bullied into going back I had a note for 6 weeks then handed in another note for 4 weeks as I am on my feet for 8 hours solid and my boss questioned me asking me if I really needed this amount of time off . I feel great in my self but like you said at home you can sit down when you need to x
    • Posted

It's your long term health Donna, and you have to live with the results so you want the best possible outcome you can get! 💖

• Posted

Don't let anyone bully you into what your not ready for at this time. Before you go back to work it absolutely in your best interest to have the confidence that your body has heeled and correctly. You must live with the results sussessful long term, results depends on your strength to return to work. Never put your health at risk for anyone. You deserve time to recover and become strong to return to the demands of a job on your feet al day. 

• Posted

Agreed..take what you need. If needed get a letter from your surgeon. I was told to take 8 weeks and that id probably Feel like i can work sooner its just better to take as much time as possible. Im almost 3 weeks and i feel great. Get a bit sore if im up or sitting too much. Finding the right balance between too much and not enough. Good luck and dont rush back to work!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.