Backwards steps in tapering

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got all the way down to 7 N+ a day for a massive 2 days, then I added 4 x codral for a cold, then 2 x codral then up to 11 N+ then 12.

SERIOUSLY, I'm crap at this. My only saving grace is that I know it's wrong.  So I'm heading down to 6 tomorrow and I know I'll spend the next few days wanting more. Doctors suck! Just more pills of another name and that'll be $80bucks thanks!

sorry folks, I'm gonna be complaining about how life sucks over the next few days.

Humbly your, Shakey

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shake, dont beat yourself up you know you have let yourself down but every day is a new beginning. It can be done and if you want this as much as it seem from by reading your posts you will get there.

I am now totally codeine free and although i was taking 16-20 cocodamol a day it was very tough the first few day/weeks even but slowly it does get better unfornately you do have to be very strict with yourself. I found not having any extra tabs in the house the best way as i knew once i took my regular doses that was it. I do believe it is all down to habit and rountine once you have cracked that part you can do anything believe me it is achieveable as long as you dont beat yourself up and have a strict game plan, have a end goal and stay very positive.

You will be fine, some withdrawals are to be expected but as long as you taper slowly they will be bearable dont try and do it all at once you will find you can achieve more when you still feel like you are getting a decent regular fix which can be easily reduced the next week for a whole week is my suggestion. Reduce your intake weekly is my top tip.

Good luck and stay strong and positive there is light at the end of the tunnel smile

• Posted

Thankyou!!!  I've always been the type to get down on myself when I fail.  Not a good loser I guess, ha, ha.

I know it's only 9am but I haven't had any yet today.  Already sweating!  Of to get some soon tho.  I'm thinking it might be better to go 9 tabs today then 8 on Friday.

Your right, if I try to go too quickly I know I'll falter.  I've had these setbacks throughout this whole journey and come back more determined each time.  Willpower is a funny thing, combine that with how stubborn I am and really this should all be a breeze.

Your posts of your journey are remarkable and truly inspiring.

Thankyou so much for sharing.

:-)

• Posted

Hi Shakey I got off prescribed codeine but it too a couple of attempts. I started by allowing a longer gap between the times of taking this poison.

Just keep trying because you have the will power to do it. That is half the battle.

• Posted

Hi ice cool,

thankyou for for your kind words, every post I read motivates me more and more.

Hugs, Shakey

• Posted

You are very welcome. You deserve to be codeine free and enjoy life again.

Hugs Ice cool.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.