Bad Brain fog 15 min after eating but sugar test is negative

Posted , 2 users are following.

The problem started when I was about 18. anything I eat makes the following symptoms happens 15 min after:

-Brain Fog

-Sleepiness and Tirdness

-Very thirsty

-Rapid heart rate and palpitation

-very irritable, nervous, depressed

- if i don't take Ibuprofen (400-800mg) the brain fog leads to a terrible migraine.

The symptoms at first were light and unnoticeable but started to get worse over the years. Now I'm 25 and the symptos are the worst ever. I go out of service every day for two hours at least just 5 min after I finish eating.

I have made many blood sugar tests and all were negative.

I visited more than 10 doctors in two countries so far and no one takes me seriously and some of them even laughed at me and said I'm deluded.

Now I'm not just worried about my illness but also the daily ibuprofen intake. I know it's dangerous but I have no idea what to do or who I go to. I appreciate your suggestions.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try a stool test.  I had the exact same symptoms and no regular doctors had any idea what to do about it.  I went to a naturopath and had a stool test done and it came back positive for a very bad intestinal infection of ecoli.  Granted its an extremely slow healing process, but I do feel better now compared to when I started the supplement plan my naturopath put me on (Its been a little over 5 months and I still have a ways to go).  If you want to look up more info online, look up candida / SIBO and brain fog, youll find plenty of information linking the two together.
    • Posted

Hi Chris 

Can you please tell me what symptoms did you have ? and for how long ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.