Bad cough, can't breath and clear thin vomit

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had a cough for about 3 weeks now where it started just as a tickle and I started to get coughing fits very quickly. I went to the gp where he thought I has whooping cough even though I had my vac for it. However it's progressively got worse.  I'm coughing about 15 times as day where I start to turn purple and vomit clear runny thin liquid (only about half a cupful) and then after I literally cannot breath and I'm garsping for breath (my hole airway feels like it's closing) after a while this tends to go but during this process I feel quite shaky. The cough can be triggered by cold water, deal breaths. Or even swallowing. When I'm about to cough all my eyes water and I get shortness of breath and I've tried so hard not to cough to make it worse. Even tipping my head back sparks it off. I've just been landed my dream job and working 6 / 7 days a week and can't take time off by the time I get back the doctors are closed. I would really appreciate some help or of anyone has suffered from this before as I don't want to go to a & e if it's not serious .

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this sounds horrible for you. Get yourself health insurance quickly and then you can get to a doctor immediately if you cant get to an NHS one. If not, go to the a+e as you cannot carry on like this -- GOOD LUCK.  
    • Posted

Thank you I just haven't had time I'm working full time and can't get time off sad now I can't even drink without eyes watering!!
    • Posted

There is always time, you will have a fine and somewhat short career if you choke to death. WAKE UP - - 
  • Posted

Have you gotten better because it's seem like I'm having the same issue. It don't know what to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.