bad eczema on hands

Posted , 7 users are following.

Plz DM me for some help on how to remove this disgusting eczema on my hands i have it between on my fingers and the wrist ugh plz help I'm young for this

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hand eczema, or hand dermatitis describes any type of eczema that develops on the hands. It may cause itchy, dry, scaly patches of skin that crack and flakes. Eat more foods rich in essential fatty acids like omega 3-s, which help reduce inflammation and allergic reactions. Lifestyle modification and self care are the first line of defence. Use hand cleansers and moisturizers that are free of irritating ingredients and fragrances. Zinc helps your skin heal and it also helps your body make use of essential fatty acids. Alternatively, you can make a cup of the tea, soak a cloth in it, and use the cloth as a compress. To treat inflammation, topical corticosteroids are commonly used but use only when needed. Always use cotton gloves to protect your hands.
  • Posted

If you have been prescribe a cortisone cream, put it on at night and cover your hand with a really good barrier cream, anything with dimethicone and or microcrystalline wax. If you have something like Prevex in your area thats a good one.

Do this every night until you hands clear up. Once they clear up, monitor your skin for breakouts and treat them agressively to ensure it doesn't spread. 

Good luck!!!

Oxygen1

• Posted

Stop using anything with modern chemicals in it on your hands, and use a natural soap (this does NOT mean Dove or similar detergent bars) for a couple of weeks and observe the difference. I think we can become hypersensitive to modern cleansers that invariably contain detergent and foaming agents and other strong chemicals. Make sure you never get anything with detergent on your hands for those two weeks (eg no washing up liquid, liquid soap from handbasin, shampoo in shower etc) and you may be very surprised at the results. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.