Bad Flare Up

Posted , 3 users are following.

I visited my Dr today to get recent blood test result, all have returned normal thankfully but I'm still not happy because I feel slightly fobbed off as all aches and pains are Fibromyalgia. I have pain from head to toe not all at once...chest/back, neck, thigh and lower leg also numbness/tingling in jaw and arm and lower leg. Just so down with it all. Been offered counselling to help pain management....just want it to leave as quick as it came on 😞 I have Costochondritis and hypermobility syndrome too. It's like a vicious circle put up with pain for so long until you are totally drained then it's so hard to get out of the feeling of being down too....

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline. Yes flare ups are to be expected. Don't despair. It will get better. You have probably been under a lot of stress lately. Or you have not been taking care of yourself. We deplete our energies quickly especially on emotional upsets or over doing things. At least your blood work came back normal. I know that is frustrating too at times. Good news but at the same time you would wish something would show up to treat. I think what I have learned over the more than 30 years with FM is that we women have to listen to our bodies. Our body tells us when we are going overboard. We don't always listen. Feeling overwhelmed is a real indication that we need to stop and rest. Be kind to yourself Jacqueline. Take the time to do things to sooth and comfort you. You may need some minerals. I take a liquid mineral supplement which I find helps. Magnesium powder supplement will help with the aches as well. Start a journal of the things that are stressing or worrying you. That will help you get it out of your head and analyse things in a more objective way. Give yourself what you need as you would your best friend. If something is upsetting you because of the behaviour of someone in your life, try to let it go. Sometimes silence is the loudest we can speak. If you know what I mean. The more we reason with people it seems, the less we are heard. Taking care of yourself is the best way to communicate to others that you will be ok, no matter what they do or say. People often want a reaction from us. When you don't give it, they have to deal with themselves. That too is what I have learned over the years in order to help myself to maintain peace of mind. Just a few tips sweetie. xx
    • Posted

I believe I have been under quite a considerable amount of stress lately and this is why I'm completely floored both mentally and physically. Thank you for taking time with your lengthy reply. It's a catch 22 I need to try medications to help and at the same time I don't want to be dependant on medication 😞 All these medications make me somewhat slightly spaced feeling. It's so annoying the pins and needles, the numb feelings and the pain. The chest pain being the most alarming. I suppose it's in the back of my mind that it better be just these conditions I have. I asked to be sent for a chest X-ray because of the pain there and deep back pain in the chest level too but dr said it wasn't necessary. I guess I'm finding it hard to accept that it's just Fibro, Costoand Hypermobility Syndrome I have. I find the Fibro fog hard to deal with too. I feel stupid at my work. I can't remember silly things it's very embarrassing x
    • Posted

I have had all the symptoms you mention Jacqueline. Yes it is frustrating but you must have acceptance of this condition to be able to cope. We all go through the denial but that only prolongs the frustration. Acceptance of the condition helps us to manage it and adapt to our limitations. You are probably not sleeping well Jacqueline. That is imperative for us. We must sleep. That is probably why you feel your energies have crashed. And sometimes medication is necessary. Try health products to help you sleep if you feel like going that direction. That is mainly how I handle my MS. I take a holistic approach. But you need to sleep to recoup so a mild sedative will not be detrimental. Take it around your dinner time and that way you won't feel spaced out the next day. Take a half a tablet if you feel it is too strong. Brain fog is part of FM Jacqueline. You will find it worse when you are over tired or stressed. Again, sleep is a must. You are not alone Jacqueline. Memory is affected as well. But as long as you can remember the basic important stuff, don't stress over it. Use lots of sticky notes. That is what I do. Acceptance will help you to cope well and you will not compare yourself with anyone else. Your situation is unique to you. You will have good days too Jacqueline. But remember my dear, no one today has perfect health. Everyone is struggling with something. Us it is FM. Otherwise girl, you are pretty healthy as your blood test shows. And I am sure your heart is fine. Take charge of your worry. You probably suffer from GAD. Look it up and get some help with controlling these worries. There are methods to help you to let go of all these unnecessary fears. One day at a time girl. x
    • Posted

Yes I believe I do have to accept it and go from there. It's hard though as I'm 43 and have a young son aged 6 and a grandson aged 4 and u definetly don't have the energy at the minute or happy attitude I normally have. I feel I've lost my smile if that makes sense. I have probs with my lower spine and cervical spine. I feel aged well before my time and as if the days are passing by meaningless 😞 I am a worrier where health is concerned I lost both parents at a young age through health issues so it's always at the back of my mind. I have to accept this is what my life is like now....unfortunately. My health was fine until latter stages of pregnancy when I was troubled with backache and was found to have bulged disc and it's just went from there x
    • Posted

I was in my late twenties when I was diagnosed Jacqueline. You do what you can and then you delegate. Get your children involved. They love to be useful and appreciated. When you recognise your limitations they will respect that also. You will manage Jacqueline. And just because you lost your parents (which I am so sorry for) does not mean that you are destined to have the same outcome. You can take your health into hand. You have a great deal of knowledge about nutrition and stress. So keep learning about these issues and apply them in your day to day life. Your life is far from meaningless girl! Your children rely on you and that makes your life so worthwhile. Plus I am sure you have people who love and appreciate you. It is only your fatigue that is causing you to have these feelings. You must make your mind over and find positive ways to cope with your circumstances. I have a strong faith in the Creator Jacqueline. He has a plan for all of us. Life is a gift. Everyone is struggling with something in their lives. So you are never alone in facing challenges. Your outlook will affect your children's outlook towards life sweetie. That is an important reason to change your vision of trials and challenges. You will get there.
  • Posted

Poor you, once you begin to learn how to accept and deal with your illness, pain management help you with that, the only way is up

Thinking of you because I've been at your stage it does get better

• Posted

Two years ago I had a bad flare up but I didn't have the Costo too. Stress definetly makes it so much worse x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.