bad reaction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, has any one had a bad reaction to Synthroid I'm on a hundred milligrams soon as I've been put on the Synthroid and start having severe muscle weakness why would lip swelling up and no energy at all and feeling worse than I did before I started the medication has anybody had any kind of reaction to Synthroid please help me out..ty

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Some people get allergic reactions, which your swelling sounds like. Just Google bad reaction to synthroid and read about this. And, of course, get back to your physician ASAP.
    • Posted

Hi, I Did go to my doctor on Friday and he wouldn't listen to me.so I walked out his office. .Going to my gp on Monday.

• Posted

Hi Debb, I had a horrible reaction to Synthroid. Seriously, felt like I was going to die. Blew up like a balloon. Migraines so severe, I feared I'd have a stroke, couldn't get out of bed.

• Posted

Hi, Thats exactly how I'm feeling !!! went to my endocrinologist on Friday and try to tell him how I was feeling and he got really really rude with me so I just got up walked out of his office and slam the doors and call him an idiot and now I gotta find a different endocrinologist and I got an appointment with my GP for Wednesday so hopefully I get this off of this Synthroid and geton the right 1 because it's making me feel like I just want to die. I told he I feel like im having problems. .like a reaction. Ty

• Posted

Also he said "are you depressed" since when does depression cause what im going through. ..I didn't feel this way till I was put on the Synthroid.ty again.

• Posted

Hello,

I know exactly how you feel at first I was on Levo 25mcg and that was making me sick with heart palpitation, tremors, anxiety. Then was switched over synthroid 50mcg and had the same similar symptoms. Once my endo took me off thyroid meds 2 weeks ago I never felt so better. Have your T4 T3 TSH levels checked because you may or may not need the medication because it can make things worser than they are if the medication isn't needed at least that's what my endo told me because all my levels were normal except my TSH was 5.83 which she say isn't really abnormal so I hve labs done every 2-3 months. So check with your endo and get your labs results.

• Posted

My thyroid was removed on June 16th and started on levo 100 and was taken off that because I was having the same reaction as you...then they switched me to the Synthroid 50 then I went back and told him I was having the same reaction. ..then he upped it 100 now im bed ridden with no energy .headaches. hair falling out..serve headaches. .anxiety. lips keeps swelling up. . Tightness in my throat had my blood work done and he said I was in range and would not listen to me at all..he got very rude so I walked out of his office. ....I know my body and some thing is really wrong...I feeling like im slowly dieing.
    • Posted

Hello,

You are definitely right you know your body. For the last few months I have been in and out the hospital going crazy everyone thought I was losing my mind. There are other thyroid medications out there you may have to be on because synthroid and levo don't work for many people. I would recommend you find another endo that can treat you and can prescribe you another medication. I had the hair loss as well. I had 2 nodules and last year I decided to do the iodine treatment first so 1 nodule was killed and the other decreased in size. So right now I'm on no thyroid medications because they were making me more sicker so please find another endo to treat you. Good luck.

• Posted

Im on a waiting list till march 2017 March. ..thats the problem here in AZ the waiting to see a good endorphins doctor. Ty
    • Posted

I'm on the waiting list I can't get in to see a good endocrinologist till March 2017 so I'm going to my regular doctor on Wednesday to see if you can help me out till I can get into the new one...thank you for replying

• Posted

Hi Debbie, that seems like a reasonable approach. If you don't get any support that way, try some thyroid support supplements with kelp and tyrosine (there are lots out there) and then if that doesn't help, try an organic glandular such as ThyroGold or American Biologics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.