bad side effect of tabs for fibro!!!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

had fibro for years diagnosed over a year ago finally docs have thrown many different tabs at me everytime i go theres some new pain and im given yet again a new miracle tablet! when in fact i am finding over the years and months and days and hours that nothing is helping mesad i have n ok day but then i have 100 bad 1s! sat here tonight and i just cant believe that i can be in this much pain and not be actually dying?? so ive had new pain in my breasts chest area under arms and in my neck which is so bad its making me feel sicksad i went the doctors the other day to be told she thinks its hormonal i told her its not as its everyday!!? breast examination no lumps thank god but wat the hell is it?! she said it could b just the condition! IS ANYONE ELSE SICK OF HEARING IT MUST BE THE CONDITION AND O I DONT KNOW??? so the i take a lot of different tabs but i was recently put on setraline 100mg and i must say i had to stop them as i was like a smacked u[ druggy my mouth was shaking and wobbling my mouth and words didnt move at the same time and i was jumbling all my words and wasnt making any sense my doc has now told me to half them! I am supposed to take amitriptyline at night time but when i read the bible of side effects i thought no your ok i dont want to be craddled in a corner huging myself and talking to thin air and panicking at every noise the side effects listed are RIDICULOUS i already have a anxiety disorder which has been diagnosed and i have had theray for it and one of the side effects was ANXIETY???? WHEN WILL THESE DOCTORS LEARN WHAT THIS CONDITION ACTUALLY IS??????sadWHAT CAUSES IT AND HOW TO STOP IT AS I AND I THINK YOU READING THIS ARE SUFFERING!!sad(((

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I def no where you are coming from I'm 34 with fibro and its horrible I've been to the docs every other week for the last year for pain killers first it was just zapain then tramadol with ametriptolin still the pain there but I was less stiff in the morning! I've had gabapentin which made me feel spaced out and on drugs so I'm now on pregablin and ametriptolin with tramadol so far I don't think the pregablin is doing anything but will give it a few more weeks to see ! This condition is horrible some days I can't even pick my one year old old 😢😢😢😢

Sending gentle hugs x

• Posted

hi sadie

they tried the same with me thrown different medications at me and none of them have worked or are workingsad i know what you mean i can no longer pick my dog up jack russel

• Posted

Dr John Lowe , was the director of research for the fibromyalgia foundation. He states " nowadays when patients complain to their doctors that they suffer from chronic widespread pain and abnormal tenderness the diagnosis is usually fibromyalgia syndrome.his extensive research and experience of treating both fibromyalgia and thyroid disease has led him to some startling conclusions, one that thyroid dis function is a component of fibro and second, the convential thyroid test is typically useless in making a diagnosis. Instead he recommends simply treat fibromyalgia with thyroid hormone until the symptoms improve !!! A one line summary of his 15 year research would be 'that thyroid hormone is the missing ingredient in the treatment of fibromyalgia, which is universally overlooked' dr Lowe has treated and cured many hundreds of grateful patients told they have fibro by other doctors by prescribing one or other of the thyroid hormones ! You can do your own research Melissa by reading up on him and make your own mind up best wishes sy
    • Posted

hi sylvia

i have had my thyroid checked a few times now and its fine so far i know my mother has problems with hers underactive. I am always looking for helpful advice thank you I thinkl doctors havent a clue bout this condition full stop

• Posted

Melissa, thyroid blood tests are renowned for being unreliable! They can come back normal for years ( as mine did) until your thyroid gland is completely destroyed by antibodies attacking it ! Autoimmune thyroiditis          ( hashimoto disease ) is the biggest cause of hypothyroidism . And yes you are right, GP s and  doctors know very little about fibro and thyroid disease . the symptoms are similar . Most fibromyalgia researchers state , they do not know what causes it , they have never gotten anyone well and all they can offer is drugs which at most relieves some patients symptoms and at worst makes them feel worse ! Re dr John Lowe. the list of side effects for amitripyline is huge and scary but I have read many people find it helps I myself take 50 mg s at night as I suffered for years with insomnia and it works for me without any of the listed side effects  . My advice, tell your doctor you want TSH free t3 free t4 peroxidase and antithyroglobulin blood tests for a start. The pain in your neck is that front under jaw throat area or back of neck ?? If at front possibly could point to thyroid . A thyroid scan would be a good idea ( this clinched it for me) also a trial of thyroid hormone this might prove difficult as most GP s doctors even endos will not go against TSH blood tests.a. Low basal temperature is a sign of hypothyroidism and was used for many many years before blood tests were " invented"  do you know how your illness started ? A flu type illness ( maybe Epstein Barr) a trauma , thyroid disease  is also said to be hereditary . I am just giving you a few ideas that may strike a cord , I was diagnosed with CFS/ fibro and suffered for years before I was treated and cured ( 60/70 % better) . i have cut it short but hope it helps sy

• Posted

Dear moderator , Melissa is desperately asking when will these doctors learn what this condition actually is what causes it and how to cure it and stop their suffering , my only thought was to answer her cry for help yet you have deleted my reply I believe my self to be a caring person and as I have gone through years of suffering to eventually gain my health back by following dr lowes advice and knowledge . I cannot understand why you would stop me doing this .i am wondering if you yourself have struggled with this dreadful dibillitating illness ?? Sy 

• Posted

The reply was not deleted but went for moderation. It has now been approved. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

You poor thing. Nothing has made me more enraged than a med that is supposed to help me making things worse. Its also frustrating to pay money to hear someone doesnt know. i empathize and am so sorry you are in the middle of a bad cycle. i hate those, they seem to last an eternity.
  • Posted

Hi Melissa. I have never done this before, but have had so many problems myself and taken years to sort out (still sorting) that I felt the urge to respond. Firstly I am in Austrlia and I have seen two Rheumatologists who examined my trigger points and listened to my history.  Yes, diagnosis Fibromyalgia. Pain? The apain is continuous and varies week to week. After trying medications and with no real result only heaps of weight increase, I am off all meds for FM. I have other health issues giving pain, but the last 3 years I have had excessive sweating especially at night. Realized it was the pain meds so now I cant take anything.  I still sweat night and day - most embarrassing.  The pain? Not much one can do but keep busy to keep your mind off it.  We have access here to a couple of Exercise and Physiology Clinics.  I have started there now 4 weeks in.  Started at Physiotherapy doing Core Pilates and graduated to the clinic.  Only have 15 min once per week and it is taken slowly  ut feel it is helpful. Bought ab exercise bike which I use every second day for 15-20 minutes. Try concentrating on keeping your bones healthy.  I also believe strongly in daily affirmations - they do work.  Imhave a box of about 200 cards - all positive sayings. I say one each day all day.  Also try kearning the basics of EFT as it does also work.  Hooe this has helped in some way

Gail

• Posted

Oh Dear Melissa.  If it helps I am on 90mg Cymbalta which I believe helps with the pain. Of course we have difficulty identifying FM pain from perhaps other problems.  I can now identify but obviously it doesnt help.  FM is not mich different to other illnesses where treatment ie meds is only a bandaid fix.  Will they ever find the cause and then ultimate treatment?  Surely with the science and technology today, it must be possible.  It certainly interrupts your life as if you are like me, you may cope well cor a few days or even weeks and start getting on with your life on e again ... But hello!  No it doesnt work that way due to the unpredictability ofmghe illness.  It is just  comforting to know there are others out there and you are not imagining it and also it becomes less lonely.  I am pleased I came across this ite.  Thank you all fromForce10

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.