Bad side effect to birth control pills + Thinking about supplements/vitamins, help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Greetings everyone, I need your help and input if you will 

My friend has PCOS and has to use birth control pills to handle her problem with her period (if she stop taking the pills she won't have her period), she have a healthy diet and exercise yet the side effect of the pills are just so not right, border on depression, she doesn't feel like talking with anyone and the mere though of engaging in a conversion saps here energy, not always but it is there for long periods of time

So what we're doing is looking into the whole supplements/vitamins thing, surprisingly none of her doctors mentioned the possibility that supplements/vitamins may help her control some symptoms

I have to say we're a bit overwhelmed with the our google results and don't know where to begin, so here is why i'm posting this:

Would you please and out of your own experience answer the following:

1- Is there way for PCOS patients to control their period through supplements? if yes please elaborate 

2- The two types of birth control she used are (Diane 35 + Yasmin) can you recommend another brand that wouldn't have that side effect? 

3- Has anyone tried (Inositol) and noticed an improvement? if yes, can you provide the symptoms eased and the brand?

4- any advice? 

Sorry for the hassle and thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I recommend that your friend ask to be put on co-cyprindiol I am on this for my period and acne I've been on this for years and never had any problems with it but this is just a suggestion as everyone's bodies react differently hope this Helps

• Posted

I know my Doctor recommended B-Complex to help with mood swings and depression, especially with tricyclic birth control. I take a multivitamin, B-Complex, and Vitamin D3 regularly.

Good luck!

• Posted

My experience and knowledge- birth control is bad. Just bad. Never a good idea. Look into the history of it. The true history.
  • Posted

Hi alyaBT. I was diagnosed with pcos 4years ago. I was also put on metformin and birth control pills. I also suffered depression as a side effect of the birth control pills. So eventually I stopped taking them since the doctor didn't listen when I explained how it made me feel. After that for about a year I didn't take any medication. Then about a year and a half ago I started taking folic acid, I had read somewhere that it helps people who want to get pregnant. And about 3 months ago I started feeling weird so I googled my symptoms and they said I might be pregnant so I bought a home testing kit and it was positive! The next day I double checked at the doctor's and it was confirmed! The cysts in my ovaries had disappeared as well! Now, I'm not a doctor but this was my cure for the infertility. I still have the moustache and chin stubble appearing too often. So maybe try my remedy, it won't kill you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.