Bad side effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I've just recently started taking sumatriptan for my migranes. I haven't taken it in about a week and a half. But for that reason I've been tingly from my hips down. I'm not sure if it's a bad side effect from this medication or another issue. Has anyone else experienced this??

I've only been on this medication for about a month.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Dizziness; drowsiness; sick feeling; tiredness; warm/hot sensation.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody diarrhea; burning or aching in your feet or toes; burning, numbness, or tingling; constipation; diarrhea; fainting; feeling of heaviness or tightness in your leg muscles; fever; hearing problems; leg cramps; seizures; severe or persistent headache, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting; severe stomach pain; very cold or blue fingers or toes; vision changes or loss of vision; weight loss; wheezing.

I get mainly the first lot tight chest and wee a lot. you look like you have the bottom tingling...

• Posted

See I normally only got the tingling for a few hours after taking the medication

It's been going on for 6 days now.

• Posted

I take Almotriptan couldn't take imigran the side effects were too much. Still with the first tablet I always get lots of the side effects mentioned by tobamory, by the second and third usually just get the sleepiness.

( my episodes usually last three days hence the number of tabs). I've tried lots of different trip tans over the years and Almotriptan has the least side effects for me.

in terms of your ongoing tingling I would go back to whoever prescribed your tabs, it's not normal,

best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.