Bad swelling and pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 5 days post op and im really swollen and in pain , im taking Ibruprofen for the pain. Feels like ive got two tennis balls between my legs! Im still bleeding a little , any advice please 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ice packs will help. I bought gel ones they were more pliable. It helped with pain and swelling.
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply , i will buy some 
  • Posted

The pain is from Bartholin gland removal, cysts removal, marsupialization? What's it from?

• Posted

I did sitz baths (in a bin over the toilet) several times a day. Just warm water (really warm but not burning hot) with some epsom salts. You can pick up that type of sitz bath at your pharmacy or even Walmart. I used packages of frozen peas for ice...and spent a lot of time those first few weeks sitting/ laying with ice between my legs. I never thought the pain would end...but it did and I was able to ride my bike some this summer (more this Fall) and finished half marathon yesterday. My doctor said it would be a minimum of 6 weeks before I would start feeling better and he was right. While I only took a few days off work...I didn't do much else besides work and lay around for a couple months. It's just a very sensitive area!!! I was also advised by my doctor to use hemmorhoid pillow...which helped a lot when trying sit on any surface. Took pressure off that area! Good luck to you...and I hope you heal fast!

• Posted

Hi Elaine, can I ask how you're feeling now? I'm 5 days post marsupilisation and I'm in agony! Still unable to sit properly and have developed a ridiculous amount of discharge/drainage from the cyst?! Did anyone else notice this happened after the op? I hope you're feeling better now x

• Posted

Hi hun, im feeling so much better , you might see my reply on the other thread so sorry if im repeating myself. 

I was in agony like you post op and i had to go to my walk in centre as the pain was so bad. I had an infection and they gave me a weeks worth of antibiotics , i had really bad swelling. Felt like i had 2 tennis balls between my legs, walking and sitting was unbearable , i had lots of discharge like you.it was light brown but also a bit yellow which made me think i prob did have an infection. Please go and see your doctor and get it looked at , i used to just shower my stitches and then dry with a hairdryer on warm setting , i tried not to wear a pad , i just put a nightdress on and put a towel on sofa during the day and on the bed at night to catch any discharge , i found it really helped with the pain as no clothes or pads were rubbing on the wound. I also took Ibruprofen which helped. 

I wasnt given any medication when i left hospital and no follow up appointment which i thought was strange. 

I hope you feel better very soon. Please let me know how you get on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.