Bad tempered/moody on citalopram? Plz anyone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have been on citalopram 10mg for 5 and a half weeks now and experienced really bad moods and snappy at everyone. However it started to wear off after the 5th week and now im upping my dose to 20mg i can feel the bad mood coming back on again. Why is this happening? Is it because they havnt kicked in yet? I was previously on sertraline for over a year which wasnt helping my anxiety as much anymore. I also have a mild form of ocd mainly obsessive thinking. I just dont know why im so snappy at everyone all the time, i feel like the slightest thing irritates me. I seem to be tolerating citalopram ok apart from this. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take 20 mg and I have not noticed my temperment becoming (more) moody.  I know people react differently, so you might ask your prescribing physician.  It's helped with my depression somewhat.  At least I'm not crying all the time.  Good luck to you!

• Posted

Hello Donna

Give the additional dose time to kick in say four/five weeks.

Your moods should stabalise given time for the increased dose to work.

Good luck, always around

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for your replies i think i was a bit worried that i was having a reaction to them. Its horrible being snappy with everyone over the slightest things. I just feel irritated all the time. Really dont like feeling like this i just hope it goes away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.