Bad today and just need someone to understand

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

I have posted on site before but today really bad and just want someone to listen and reply.  Anxiety high - I think I know the reason - today I do not work so not with any company  and I dont like being alone.  Altough I know it is really illogical my brain sends me high, crying, stressed about being alone.  This happens every week and the night before I am ok and say to myself that today (Friday) will be different but again I wake up in a total mess.  Does anyone know how to deal with this.  How to turn my thought patterns around so that Fridays are looked forward too.  Thius has only been for last 2 months.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Joyce I understand what your going through. My anxiety is high too, I don't like bing on my own. It is difficult, but we just have to get on with it,
  • Posted

Hi Joyce,very sorry to hear this !have you tried reflexology? Or aromatherapy? Both very good for stress. Have you got a dog? Again good for calming. Do you listen to relaxation CDs? Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Hi,

You need to plan something for a friday.  It doesn't  have to be anything big or expensive but just something that gets you out.  You can try going to a movie ( it's totally ok to go to a movie alone), going to a museum, just going to a different park then for a coffee.

I know its incredibly hard to motivate yourself when anxious but give it it a try, when I'm totally stressed I make myself go to the park so that I don't sit in and get in to a total frenzy.  

• Posted

Hi Joyce I didnt used to mind being on my own too much but on the 12th February I fell of a stool in my sons bedroom whilst cleaning the walls to paint, didnt have a phone and just knew I broke my hip was lying there for 17 hours until someone came from work as I hadnt turned in or phoned, it was awful.
  • Posted

Hi All thanks for your advice

Amanda yes I have a dog and took her for her walk this morning.

Alice I went into work for a few hours as I owed some time back, then went to shops to purchase yet more items to stick in the wardrobe but was totally devoid of feeling, I used to go to the cinema by myself so no problems there.

I have just managed to eat a scrambled egg for lunch, first thing I've eaten today Thankk you to everyonex

• Posted

Jean I am so sorry for your distressing time. Hope you are well now. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.