balance problems with thyroid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im new on here does anyone have balance problems with over active thyroid my vision goes strange and i feel like drunk or on a boat my legs feel weak not sure could it be my thyroid, my tsh has gone my t4 and t3 normal toxic nodule on thyroid waiting to have half removed very confused i do not take any med for it yet

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can only help by saying an overactive thyroid does affect the legs. I have experienced pain, weakness and swelling. My endocrinologist reports the weakness and pain are symptoms. It has improved with Meds but still exists. Of course often times the eyes and vision may also be affected, not to mention many other things. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Karen

I was diagnosed 5 months ago and had all your symptoms that you describe. I'm now on 5mg/10mg alternative days and am also taking acetyl l cartinine and several other vitamins and now feeling 85% better. I went to see a nutritionist about what supplements to be on and also what I could change in my diet. I'm now back exercising which is great.

• Posted

Hi Sarah

What are the supplements that you are taking that are helping you?

• Posted

Yes, I have all these symptoms. I was put on meds almost 3 years ago when my legs were so bad, I would fall and not be able to get up because the muscles just wouldn't work. I'm waiting for a TT because my Graves' disease is progressing so fast that the meds are not taking care of it anymore. I still have all the same symptoms I did before the meds, minus the horrendous palpitations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.