Banana

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know if above are safe to eat or not

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm asking the same question in another posting as I heard that bananas are not good for you but don't know why.  I seem to read or be told about a lot of foods that I can no longer eat but no explanation as to why.  If anyone has further information on this then I would love to know.
    • Posted

My problem withe Bananas is

Sometime I get no reaction from them and other times I get a reaction at least I think it from them

I was just wondering if any other member of the DD club found the same

• Posted

I don't know of any official info on bananas, how we get I eat them on occasions with no problem.
  • Posted

i eat bananas with no problem,also apples,grapes(peel taken off)all melons.oranges,strawberries and most fruit,with no effect,maybe i am one of the luckier ones,maybe my diverticulitis has decided it would give me a break.try to see what wont upset you.
    • Posted

Hi daisy

Strawberry I though we're a big no no because of the small seeds in the skins.

• Posted

Yes I was told no strawberries, blackberries etc.  It's so hard trying to find out what you can and cannot eat but I guess it's different for everyone.  I'd like to know though why we are told no sugar?
    • Posted

Hi Laura

This is the first time I've heard of no

Sugar

I take it with no problems I think

If I have to cut out sugar that will be the last straw

• Posted

I agree, I eat little sugar I'm sure in comparrison but I'm struggling to really understand some of the foods that are coming up in research as no go foods.  I try to eat healthy but there has to be a line at what small indulgences I can have now.  The search goes on!
    • Posted

Hello Laura

What im finding and iv only been suffering with the dreaded DD since last summer is there is no bottom line what we can have and what we cant.

The list seems to be endless.

Im beginning to think anything we enjoy turns out to be a No No at least it seems that way for me.

Kieran

• Posted

Hi Kieran, I don't seem to have any problem with bananas,some other fruits I  eat are mango and apples, I usually make a smoothly and add yoghart. 
  • Posted

Banana,s ha very very small seeds I don't eat strawberry ,or raspberries ,blackberries 

i make jam and strain the seeds but the banana is fine ,I dont eat nuts either I take fibre jel every day x

• Posted

Hi Carol

I get seedless Jam and Rind free marmalade in most of the large Supermarkets.

Im now taking a drink called Slippery Elm, dont laught.

You mix it up with Milk and take it 2 times a day it works for me.

Another Herbal mixture im taking is called Silicolgel,its for gastrointestinal disorders.

Its suppose to coat the Colon with a Gel.

You can get both of these from Holland & Barrett.

I tried to get them from the Dr but she said its not on their list as medicine yet

Kieran

• Posted

Is fibre jel a laxitive....just wondering......I take a mild lax. When I think I need it.
    • Posted

Hi Anna

No it's not

It's supposed to line the Colon with a thin Gell

Kieran

• Posted

Hi Anna

All I'm saying is it works for me

Hope it helps you

Kieran

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.