Bandits advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,I'm looking for a bit of advice please..I've been banded since March,with a 15ml band with 5ml in,I've lost 3.5 stone so far,trouble is,certain things get stuck when they didn't before,yet my portion sizes are still biggish(I can eat a full SIDE PLATE of pasta with low fat sauce) ..do I need another fill to help with restriction or just work on cutting back the portion size? Thanks in advance guys x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well done with your weight loss!!! Sounds like your doing amazing. Certain things can cause restriction, stress, time of the month. Just take things back to basics and avoid the food that's getting stuck. I always found if I went on a plane my food would be stuck for days afterwards so had to limit my soft food. Your not at your highest restriction yet so probably best to have a chat with your dietician and request a further fill. Pasta is wet food so will definitely go down a lot easier than something with more texture, don't use sauce as that helps it go down better too. Try not putting so much on your plate and do the 20/20 rule. 20 seconds chew and stop eating after 20 mins. Leave what's on your plate. Hope this helps, I'm stuck in 6ml as I have heartburn with anything more. I've really had to knuckle down and go back to basics. It's not easy having a band. Good luck xx

• Posted

I tend to stay away from the softer food now as i can fit too much of it in lol Stick to crunchier foods ul feel full quicker. It wouldn hurt to have a chat to a dietician also. Good luck and well done with the weight loss 👍

• Posted

Lisa

Sounds like your flying along! I was banded in May and have only lost 10lb so far. Trying my best to stay positive about it all.

I have had three fills so far and since the third I have been stuck so much it's been a nightmare having my fingers down my throat nearly every day. I find that bread, chips, chicken and turkey really do not agree with my band at all. I tried a slice of bacon and that didn't work out great either smile. Fish is the best thing to stick to to avoid getting stuck I have found and there's so much you can have, breaded fillets, scallops, prawns and tuna. I tend to have this with some steamed veg now but I have also struggled to stay away from the bad stuff like cake and chocolate which slides down real easy. It's a marathon not a sprint but you are doing absolutely amazing so far!

What was your starting weight?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.