Barrett's Oesophagus diagnosis 2 weeks back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I had Barrett's Oesophagus diagnosis 2 weeks back.

What is required for PH test to see if my Acidity is under control?

Is it an outpatient procedure?

Thanks

Andy

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Andy 

I do not know the answer to your question I have had barretts esophagus 

four years now and all that time I have never had a PH test performed or even suggested by my G I doctor for what I know what is important is that the disease is low-grade dysplasia or non-dysplasia low-grade and also that you are monitored every 2 to 3 years as to which I am due up for my 3 year ev for what I know what is important is that the disease is low-grade dysplasia or non-dysplasia low-grade and also that you are monitored every 2 to 3 years as to which I am due up eval also if you have any questions there are many patient topics on this website discussing the disease

• Posted

I think it is an OP proceedure, they put a monitor down your oesophagus for 24hrs to test the ph/acidity 
  • Posted

I had a 24hour ph and manometery test only a couple of weeks ago, it is an outpatient test, however of leaving the hospital you will be wearing a small device and have a tube taped to side of your face, you are meant to carry on your life as normal as possible and then you return to the hospital the next day to have the device removed. The manometery tests and having the ph test tube inserted takes just under an hour, when you go back the next day to have it out its literally seconds, 5minutes max and your done!

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.