barretts sufferer. the last 3 days have a really dry mouth and bad taste and smell when breath throu

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I currently have barretts. And oesophagitis.

Over the last 3 days my mouth has gone so bad and dry no matter what I drink or do it stays the same. Also the taste is awful and I have this really bad ora in my nose and mouth when breath in .like a bad smell . I have never had this before .

I feel embarrassed by this .when I inhale it smells awful .but my partner says she Carnt smell anything .but the taste and smell I have is awful .

I do not really no what it is but getting worried as not been to good lately with stomach and acid. The inside of my mouth is always ruff and bumpy aswell. Getting a bit frustrated with it all now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Dean

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have dry mouth I use something called Biotene. It's a gel which your dentist should have but you need your doctor to prescribe it . It really helps.
  • Posted

It sounds like some kind of bacterial infection somewhere.  It could be a nasal infection or could be related to the Barretts. 

If you're not sleeping on a wedge or incline you should.  You need to keep the acid down out of the esophagus. 

Some medications can cause a dry mouth.  What is your full list of meds?

• Posted

Dean, I think the big clue is your partner cant smell it. To me this means that your sense of smell has gone out of whack. Ask a few more friends for an honest appraisal. If it all comes back negative suggest you do a bit of research on burning mouth syndrome (not a lot of info on the net but good info on Mayo Clinic sight. I fixed it up with the anti oxidant alpha lipoic acid. It took about four months and does take a while to kick in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.