Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I had a bartholin cyst seven months ago and had a marsupialization performed under a general anesthetic what a relief from the pain .All been good until lately I am experiencing some yellowy discharge bit like phlegm from the throat coming from the area when I wipe myself. I was on heavy antibiotics when I first diagnosed bartholin cyst I was given Flucloxacillin 500mg Metronide 400mg twice over two weeks. After marsupialization 10 days later had an infection and was given more Flucloxacillin 500mg Metronide 400mg again a course of 10 days but had an extreme dose of thrush and needed tablets to rid the thrush. Now have got this strange phlegmy substance like yellowy orangey in colour. Anyone else had this or could the cyst be draining really do not know whats going on.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have this as well..almost every day....the marsupialization is such a useless procedure, I feel like it doesn't work because the gland is like a honeycomb inside so it can still form cysts even when you have a huge new opening, because it gets blocked along the way
  • Posted

Well I hope all is ok now looking forward (NOT!!!) to removal of the same cyst tomorrow. Just been on Trimetheprin for  a Urinary Tract infection not sure if one caused the other as I haven't been sexually active for approx 4and a 1/2 moths, I haven't actually had any anitbiotics and really not looking forard to the proceedure under local anaesthetics!!! Hey ho I'll have to do it as it causes me discomfort whe sitting or standing and walking Xx Take care and I will make a point of siging in at leqat once a day XXXXXX
  • Posted

Hey. I had a marsupialization 3 weeks ago and I have a question for you - how long was your surgery ago? And when did the lump where the incision was made go away?

I have this long lump (not huge and not sore) where the incision is and it is getting smaller but it's a slow process. I've been to the doctors to check that it wasn't anything to worry about and she said it was fine and more than likely still constricted swelling inside but I'm still a little nervous about it.

I haven't had any oozing from the area though. I'd get it checked out at the drs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.