Bartholin cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

I believe I've had this before but it was an abscess. Happened when I was 18 and I couldnt walk or pee even, it "popped" went away and the first time I went to clinic (was not about cyst nor was it mentioned) nothing was abnormal. Well here I am, 23 and I've had one for a few months now. I am not in chronic pain, I have managed to mess with it which causes a tenderness ... also the swelling does decide to go up and down. I believe that it ruptured a few days ago, bloody ish discharge but the cyst remains. I'm going to go to my health clinic soon, I'm just afraid of the results. Has anyone had a cyst which when you fingered around it had vaginal discharge? My problem is that I've always had a thicker secretion so its hard for me to judge....

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

My guess is that when you are pushing on the gland it's the abcess draining and not a vaginal discharge. When they are abscessed they fill up pretty quickly which is what's so painful. You may need an antibiotic.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I don't know sometimes I just "scoop" around it if that makes sense...trying to keep it "clean". I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow... I'm still not really in pain just a general soreness....
  • Posted

Update: went to health clinic. Was put on antibiotics. They are testing my pee. Have an appointment in a week to see if they helped or if I need the word catheter in. So far I just have super dry mouth from the meds.
  • Posted

Update: My cyst is not infected. They tested for the std's and found none. They had said they would do the word catheter if it had not gone away, ran into complications with health department, they almost turned me away until I raised a little bit of hell. Waiting on some paperwork to go through. Took antibiotics for 10 days...the cyst fluxuates in size but has not gone away...Not sure how to feel at this point.
    • Posted

how are you ? 

just to mention i had taken antibiotics too and the cyst didnt go away it was quite big for one month and doctors said i shouldnt bother but i had pain sitting .

Anyway i would suggest you try 2-3 sitz baths with apple cinedar or lavender oil with tea tree on the area .

tea tree must be diluted in some other oil or put in water not alone on your scin cause it is quite strong.

It helped me and my cyst ruptured on its own .

i tried it only for 3-4 days. 

Hope it works for you too. Good luck. 

• Posted

I am doing better I think. Health department keeps throwing me for loops but they are working on getting needed equipment. My cyst burst on it's own right after thanksgiving. It drained alot/still has a drop or two of blood sometimes ....relief is nice but it did partially pop before/came right back so I figured I'd wait to tell the health department. Don't want them to say oh you're all better before we wait and try to see.
    • Posted

i didnt have a recurrence yet... mine popped on its own 2 months ago .please try not to worry cause stress made  great damage to me. good luck and take care.

maybe you should find a hospital that offers marsupilation cause it is  quite effective .most doctors told me to have one if it happens to me again... but since it happened you after so many years thats good for you .possibly the next if it happens will be years later. i had one two months after the first...

if you dont have a problem now stop googling too much cause you may get trouble because of anxiety .have a complete recovery somatic and psychological soon

• Posted

Thank you for all your help/advice. My anxiety is still through the roof since now I seem to be having lip issues (face)/possibly cold sores ...they took a look at my cyst and said it had been draining really well and to continue "milking" it like I had to make sure all the gunk got out. I believe I have but I wound up getting my period/the stuff on my face and didn't really want to touch down there more than needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.