Bartholin cyst and intercourse

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have my 2nd swollen bartholin gland. My first one became abscessed and I had to have drained. This time it is the size of a walnut, I've had it about 6 weeks but there is no pain or discomfort. I am curious if anyone has had sex while theirs has been swollen. My anniversary is coming up sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it's been 6 days, its my second bartholin gland, all i can do just lay on bed. This is so painful. Hmm, in my opinion, better you are not doing that. Because it can make your bartholin gland bigger. Your healthy is a priority. Your boyfriend will understand your condition. Anw, happy anniversary.

• Posted

Hi Margie,

So actually the first time I had intercourse with my boyfriend, I had just developed the cyst, which was actually a little larger than yours. It was painless and it didn't make a difference at all. I have a marsupilization in June and unfortunately, the hole closed and I had to have a new cyst cut open yesterday. Again, I had a cyst buildup for the past few weeks and I've had intercourse multple, even roughly so you'll be fine. However, you need to get your cyst treated or it will become infected. If the draining doesn't work, I'd wait for it to swell again and have the gland removed. Marsupilizations are really effective, I've experienced that, and my gyno said removing the gland insures you won't have a problem with them again. You'll also be persuaded not to have that surgery because it's so bloody and doctors don't like to perform it, but I'd recommend it!

• Posted

I have had 4 but all mine turned into an abcsess and it was painful to just sit down! Everything I have researched says not to, but I honestly didn't want to move let alone sex.

Hope it goes away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.