Bartholin Gland Removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well I finally did it...I had my entire left Bartholin gland removed yesterday. It's been 24 hrs since I went into surgery. I had quite a hard time after waking up yesterday. My body was just in total shock. The pain was worse then I thought and I just couldnt hold myself together. I was suppose to get out of the hospital by around 1....I didn't leave to 6 and also just ended up staying the night there for assistance. But thank goodness I have my mom and boyfriend here to help me!

I will post again to stay how I feel as time goes by. I'm extremely young for this procedure to be done. They typically will not do it unless you are about 40. I'm only 23. So let's pray for no scar tissue issues.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Omg. I'm so sorry. I thought mine was cancer until I found this site. I haven't been  diagnosed yet but I know exactly what it is. I worry about the surgery but I have time I can take off work. How long do you think you'll be down? 

• Posted

Mine was just last week. Let's pray for our fast recovery. My obgyne told me that she had it drained from the inside so the vagina would not look ugly Haha. I'm just 21 and it's really scary.

• Posted

Crazy. I've never heard of this before.  I still have a while till I can get it out of my body. How big was yours?

• Posted

This last one was pain-free and so I didn't worry about it for over a year. After my surgery the doctor informed me that it had grown to the size of a softball, had developed it's own blood vessels, and was the worst he had seen in his 40 year career.

• Posted

What I mean is she made a cut from the inside in vagina. The size wast 7 x 5 cm based on my clinical abstract.
    • Posted

what the hell.....softball?  Im so sorry.  I'll stop whining.  Mine is like a large marble. 

• Posted

Mine was big but didn't hurt. The ones that hurt the most was the small ones. The dr will probably lance it and that will be painful but an instant relief from pain. Good luck.

• Posted

No, not as big as softball a little smaller please Hahaha smile hmm it's like a swollen finger and really painful. I'm not good with describing things. Haha sorry

• Posted

Hey Olivia

It sounds like they only drained the cyst in surgery. When draining they don't actually remove the cyst, it's just the infection part. Which may still be ok, that works for some people. FOX and I both have had so many of those cysts and tried so many other options that we had to have the actual Bartholin Gland removed completely.

But I do hope yours never comes back and that you recovery quickly!smile

• Posted

Hoping it won't get back again. sad never again.

Thanks so much! <3

• Posted

I hope it doesn't for you. But if it does please keep us updated on what the dr wants you to do. Some us have been through things that we would suggest not to do hahah plus we may be able to tell you how to go around the situationsmile good luck girlie

• Posted

It will get better. The 3rd and 4th day are the worst. I had this done over a week ago so if you have questions, feel free to ask me.
    • Posted

Thx I will. I've just stared this process and want it out of my body. How big was yours?

• Posted

Thank you very much Fox!

Ithe was very bad yesterday (surgery day) but today I haven't taken pain meds since midnight so that's a plus! Why were day 3 and 4 so much worse?

I have a friend's wedding on Saturday and really going to try and make it so hoping to feel good.

• Posted

I was just in a lot of pain day 3 and 4. My guess is the iv pain meds had completely cleared my system and even though I had pain meds I was in alot of pain those days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.