Bartholin gland removal, one year later

Posted , 2 users are following.

After suffering chronic barthonlin's cysts for years, I finally had both my glands removed about a year ago. The recovery was a bit rough for me, and to this day, I still feel some tenderness in the area where the glands used to be. Anyone else who has had their glands surgically removed have trouble with recovery?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I had my left gland removed in September and I'm still in a lot of pain, the doctors are baffled as to why. It's driving me mad because of how painful it is, I can't go back to my excersise class as I know it would hurt, they've put me on 2 lots of medication to see if that will reduce the pain but so far to no avail. I really hope it settles down as can't go on like this. The surgeon said I would experience pain for a while but never imagined it would be this long.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that! The recovery is so rough. I'm baffled as to why most doctors seem to say the recovery is six weeks when a ton of women on this forum have said otherwise. I actually went to the gyno yesterday and she said that because the vagina is so sensitive it can take years for things to get back to normal after surgery. It's been a year and three months since my surgery and the pain is MUCH better, but I was worried that it was still present sometimes. Sounds like it's actually normal, and we should just give ourselves time to heal. Take it easy on yourself smile!

• Posted

It's crazy, recovery time should never have to go into years, I bet 100% of these women like you say are not told any of this.

My cyst wasn't causing me any problems or pain but I just wanted it gone as it wasn't suppose to be there but now wished I'd left it alone now.

Trying to sit on a bike is definitely a no go at the moment and I can't excersise still as it's to painful, so a lack of excersise and the medication they have put me on has resulted in weight gain and I hate it, haven't been this big since I had my boy 8 years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.