Bartholins cyst abcess

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anybody tell me about how long can it take a bartholins cyst to heal after drainage?

Also when healing, will there be scar tissue left over that may cause some mild pain?

It's been since May14th,2015 when I got the drainage and now it's June 18th,2015.

I'm still feeling a slight pain down in my area and so far it seems the draining kept it shrunk so far.

I'm just wondering when might I feel completely healed and without any pain?

I appreciate anyone's advice.

Thank you in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

mine went away right away but i do still feel 'something' there.  i think it's just the glad and maybe it's still  a little clogged.  I am not concerned.  I am 48 and have had the gland get clogged before but never had it absess (infection) till just last month.  Holy crap smile  Anyway, you can live with it a little clogged from time to time in your life, not a big deal.  But if it absesses, you must deal with it.  For a clogged gland i think i would use the warm bath/compress treatment.  When you warm it up, you can feel the clog get soft and you might be able to massage it open.  But if you just feel 'something' but no pain, that's not a big deal, maybe just a clogged gland.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. I am 43 and hoping that it doesn't become an abcess again. It was so bad I couldn't stand or sit or barely walk cause the pressure and it was infected.

I've just been having so much anxiety about this because I'm trying to get back to my normal romance with my husband. I feel like I'm scarred and now the area gets so sensitive since I got the local draining procedure. My gynecologist said I could go back to my regular activity. I'm just worried that the friction of making love will irritate it again and cause the cyst to resurface.

I'm just babying it for now doing the heated rag and heated rice pack and warm sitz bath. I'm hoping that will keep it away.

Thanks again for your help.

• Posted

Hello! I went through this in 2011 and 2012 (different sides). I think I was comfortable more or less straight away. Just no straining, bending, exercise etc. I'm a worrier and was resting and out of work for about 3 weeks I think "just in case", but maybe some of it was in my head towards the end. I think I had cautious sex maybe 5 or 6 weeks after the operation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.