Bathroom breaks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had my gall bladder removed in about 89. Swollen slight gangrene lots of stones. I was about 25 at the time. I never had any problems. Doctor prescribed zantac, I took the first bottle and never had refilled. In the last year, I started having trouble either constipated or diarrhea. Is this related to the gb removal, what to do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

go on a diet, what is so hard. don't eat out, diet , diet , no junk food.  dring 8 cups of water. there is no miracle cure. there is nothin you can do. just do the diet. 6 mials a day.
  • Posted

I think after such a long time it's unlikely to be connected especially when you did so well after your op,  but you never know.  Most people have these types of problems caused by  lots of different reasons, if you have been stressed that can cause both diarrhea and constipation, irritable bowel, bad diet, stomach flu, food poisoning all sort of stuff.  I hadfood poisoning years ago and it took over a year to get my digestive system back to normal, so I would just get checked out by a Dr and take it from there. 

Good luck 

• Posted

you have ibs , so you need to eat boring. that why you will have less attacks.  go luck in you future.
  • Posted

hi

not sure have only just been told i have gs,but if I were you I would go to your gp and see what he thinks,it could be ibs or any number of things,you want know until you see your gp and he does test could be something or nothing try not to worry

take care

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.