BB won't go away

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having bb for 5 years now out the blue. I used to smoke and I quit because I thought that was it. I hardly ever want to have a cocktail now and then because with Alcohol it smell worse. I noticed family and friends always rub their nose or stand to the side of me when I talk. Even when I'm in public and I have to talk to someone for business. I can't enjoy myself at parties because once they smell my breath they find an excuse to leave. I've been going to my GI for 4 years and yes I do have GERD but I was giving medicine for that. I also have bad sinus bit I have med's for that too. I've been to the dentist a million times and they tell me my teeth and gums are fine. Then what the heck is the problem??? I ordered Chlorophyll and I've been taking it for 3 days now and I have not seen a difference, has anyone ever taken this and did it work?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Angel, I was also told I had gerd by ent then my GI narrowed it out. I'm talking w others that have the Same symptoms.

Has your GI ordered stool tests, h plori, ?

Do you drink probiotics?

I'm rebuilding my good gut bacteria from taking too many antibiotics. I know breath out poo odor, my GI said its my incomplete bowel movement & "backs up". I'm on gluten free diet, no sugar, no alcohol, I'm told this takes time.

But follow up with your GI on those tests. Look into candida overgrowth.

• Posted

I have been tested for H plori and is been said I don't have it. As far as probiotics I bought a bottles of digestive probiotics and took them until gone. I couldn't tell a difference then.

Thanks Chris

• Posted

Angel, my Dad used to have bad breath until he had all his teeth pulled due to severe gum disease. I've recently learned that I too have moderate to severe gum disease and undergoing treatment. I have periodontal pockets that were as deep as 9mm. I've been to the same dentist for the last 10 plus years. Never missed a cleaning and always told that my teeth are healthy. My previous dentist said I have gum disease way back but I never seek treatment due to denial on my part sad

I have tried chlorophyll, peroxide, probiotics, baking soda, neti pot, antibiotics, and among others with no success. Maybe the problem lies between my gum and teeth all along but won't know for sure until all my gum treatments are completed.

Good luck finding a cure and never give up.

• Posted

Hi Angel

I also have been taking medication for GERD, in my case LPR for 3months- this was double dose Lansoprasole. The bad breath did not go away. ((I am currently talking to my ENT about having the Linx surgery.))

Hi Chris

I have also been taking probiotics, multivitamins and low carb diet after my quadruple therapy for Hpylori, it sure has made my gut and immune system happy, no doubt But it hasn't cured the bad breath, however I will continue taking it for as long as I live because of all the benefits.

I also looked into Candida overgrowth where I took 200mg Fluconazole for 14days, it sure solved some skin issues I had, no doubt But it hasn't cured the bad breath.

So to answer your question Angel, as to ''what the heck must I do?'' i think you must consider surgery, if you say the chemicals approach isn't working then go for the more physical approach. Let's do it Angel let's physically block all the stinky stomach fluid from shooting up and invading the esophagus, mouth and sinuses.

• Posted

Hi Brandon, I have asked my primary & two GI opinions on my hernia playing a part. I'm told that It's not reason for my BB. One GI said, since I'm not having complete bowel movements then it's backing up. I'm on this med only two weeks and wants me to take it for two months to help w moving my intestines but not curing the BB. He wants me to eat enough fiber in the day.

I'm lost on what else to eat since certain fruits, veg seem to upset my digestion.

I hope

• Posted

hi Chris

I would get the hernia fixed if I were you, whether it's the cause or not, merely knowing that it is in the list of the potential causes of our problem. How do you know that you don't have complete bowel movements? how is it backing up? is it assumed or is there a technical explanation? I'm not aware of medication that helps with moving intestines. have you done a barium swallow? I'm booked for a barium swallow test for 17/11/2015 to check my digestive system behaviour and any abnormalities.

• Posted

Hi Brandon, none of the docs want to do anything about the hernia. I'm told my stomach moves up & down thru the hernia & that the hernia is tiny & not the cause of my BB. I keep asking about the hernia but GI & primary tell me many ppl live w hernias & not a problem.

since my sh*t (literally) doesn't eliminate all at once.I go in the morning but not complete & during the day little or constipated. No matter all the water or healthy food I eat.

Probiotics & vitamins help but I still don't go completely. If I force, I get hemrroids

I'm in the U.S. the med is new here. I'm on this to make the receptors in the intestines to move.

I'm following up w my second GI.

My third GI said to keep eating more things w fiber to stretch my intestines to move w the med he gave.

I eat super healthy but walking or even drinking water brings up the odor & it's the stomach moving.

• Posted

Brandon, I had the barium. ..test it came back fine. I asked if my hernia can be seen in it but ENT said no. Endoscopy/colonoscopy was done last year & showed hernia. Biopsies were done, everything showed up healthy.

I go in the morning but it's not complete, I push bc I still feel but I get constipated. I go several times during the day; constipated or s little.

• Posted

Chris

From what I am gathering is that you have a Gastro problem which might just be the cause of your Bad Breath I really really believe so, continue fighting in getting your constipation and stomach issues fixed and when they are resolved atleast you can then mark it off the list of the potential causes.

Some of us if not most of us are perfectly healthly!!!!, no noticeable/ bothering gut problems, healthy gums and teeth, boosted immune system, athletic bodies, clear sinuses, basically no noticeable health issues yet we just have Bad breath.

The strongest opinion I have about our problem at the moment is...

1. Imbalance of bacteria in the mouth- to reinforce this opinion- you get people with such good breath that it actually even has a sweetness to it, I feel that these people have a natural good balance of bacteria in their mouths if not a domination by the gram+ (lucky b*stards lol). You then get those with a clear smell- I also feel that these guys have a good balance. And then us! the unlucky ones, I feel we should go an extra mile in taking care of our mouths by invading it with the good oral bacteria be it from a K12 M18 probiotic or mouthwash...(I'm still researching other means).

2. Stomach content (be it acids/bile ) backing up and irritating the esophagus, throat, mouth, teeth and sinuses- to reinforce this opinion - you get guys complaining of constant bad taste in the mouth, sinus issues, throat issues, this could all be as a result of the reflux. Drugs therapy might/might not work, I strongly feel that one should physical block all the contents from shooting up (be it linx or Fundoplication surgery) with this approach you rest assured that the contents are physically restricted leaving no room for doubt as opposed to medication.

• Posted

Yes, all that u mentioned sounds possible. I just want this gone. I'm healthy on all tests except for pocket in my gum, ecoli in stool test & hernia but these docs won't refer me to a surgeon to at least talk about my options.

I always feel pressure in the back of my throat that I have to burp out but that can be reflux. When I walk or even drink water an odor comes up. It can be a combination of things. We'll see what will happen in the future but living w a medical mystery is annoying.

I'm still on gluten free diet. My odor is not constant just unpredictable now.

Thanks for your input smile

• Posted

Chris

I still feel that you are rather sick, regardless of whether it is the cause of your Bad Breath or not I think you should continue seeking help specifically regarding your stomach problems. Maybe also join forums looking specifically at your problem. I say so because most of us Bad breath sufferers dont complain of your symptoms rather we cry of Post Nasal Drip and throat issues.( I generalise with reference to forums I've been to).About the hernia, question- let's say you accept the doctor's opinion that it is too small to cause the bad breath only to find that it is actually the only cause of your Bad Breath , now think about the trauma you will go through afterwards trying to look for another cause which you will never find because the only cause was the hernia which you've discarded (my point- before you discard a potential bad breath causing candidate make sure you leave no room for doubts). Remember that doctors aren't all the same, you will find a sympathetic and kind one, sometimes one who is afraid and works strictly by the book, you'd be surprised to find even a ruthless one whos just not interested in your stories but his salary, you can also find one who is willing to listen and explore possibilities and be open minded with a patients condition. My point is- if 2 doctors tell u there is no help to your situation that does not necessarily mean there is no help, see more doctors and hopefully you will find a doctor like mine whom will work overtime trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

I've been taking powerful refrigerated probiotics and multivitamins for as long as I can remember and Iv never really appreciated the link to bad breath, rather I'm appreciating the link to how stomach content reaches the mouth leaving an odour.

• Posted

Chris

No sweat. If only I had so many options to explore like you, with me iv done it all iv even removed my poor adenoids and I'm down to only acid reflux. Anxiety is taking its toll but it doesn't help to be emotional about our condition, you'd go crazy, literally! Our condition requires very litte emotional attachment but a high dose of patience and perseverance. I always wonder what our females go through because they are naturally emotional, it gets the best of me sometimes but I'm a fighter and I will fight this with all I have until the death of me.

• Posted

Brandon, I left a message & waiting to hear from a surgeon that took care of my my friend's hernia years ago. Hers was big.

I'm also waiting to see another periodontist on the "pocket" between my gum.

I have an interview tmrrw. I will go. I'm happy that months ago I was traumatized to step out of the house bc of the public's reaction to me.

today I ate turkey & noticing nasal drip, cheese odor. Not sure. I haven't had turkey in months.

I will keep you all posted. I do follow up on IBS forums bc my symptoms seen to be random.

I'm going to get back to my normal soon. I also have to move. I feel everything is coming to an end to start fresh again. It maybe a combination of stress as well, quick I've minimized.

keep me posted.

• Posted

Hi , I also have bad breath (BB) problem from silent reflux. I used my finger to scrap the back of my tounge and then smelled it . I found out 2 things :

1- my finger had bad smell  

2- The surface of my back of tongue was not smooth (There are a row of bumps that form the semi-cirlce at everyone 's back of tongue but I dont talk about those bumps)

Then I checked with my mom 's tongue and I figured that her back of tongue is smooth and have good smell. So I know for sure that the silent reflux had damaged the surface of my back of tounge. For smooth tongue , the bad bacteria couldn't habor and will be washed away by drinking water but now my tounge was not smooth and Gram(-) bacteria flourished there. I found out a trick to temporarily control those bacteria (but not permanently). Now I have 2 theories that caused our BB:

1- The lower esophageal sphincter were weaken and couldn't seal properly so people could smell the smell of putrid content of our stomach

2- The bad bacteria caused our back of tongue to smell bad

But I dont know for sure whether BB came from theory 1 or theory 2 b/c I couldn't smell my BB by myself so I couldn't test it. (Now my mom went to another country so I couldn't ask her). Could you guys plz check the finger test with the back of your tongues to see whether it smells bad or has rough surface ?

Best wishes,

(I also had incomplete evacuation and it caused the smell down there but it 's different story from bad breath)

• Posted

Hi , I also have bad breath (BB) problem from silent reflux. I used my finger to scrap the back of my tounge and then smelled it . I found out 2 things :

1- my finger had bad smell  

2- The surface of my back of tongue was not smooth (There are a row of bumps that form the semi-cirlce at everyone 's back of tongue but I dont talk about those bumps)

Then I checked with my mom 's tongue and I figured that her back of tongue is smooth and have good smell. So I know for sure that the silent reflux had damaged the surface of my back of tounge. For smooth tongue , the bad bacteria couldn't habor and will be washed away by drinking water but now my tounge was not smooth and Gram(-) bacteria flourished there. I found out a trick to temporarily control those bacteria (but not permanently). Now I have 2 theories that caused our BB:

1- The lower esophageal sphincter were weaken and couldn't seal properly so people could smell the smell of putrid content of our stomach

2- The bad bacteria caused our back of tongue to smell bad

But I dont know for sure whether BB came from theory 1 or theory 2 b/c I couldn't smell my BB by myself so I couldn't test it. (Now my mom went to another country so I couldn't ask her). Could you guys plz check the finger test with the back of your tongues to see whether it smells bad or has rough surface ?

Best wishes,

(I also had incomplete evacuation and it caused the smell down there but it 's different story from bad breath)

• Posted

Hi Tie, I did this months ago & checked w her mouth tested & she smelled. I noticed she had bad breath but she might have gerd & not know. I agree with you on your observations.

I have a hernia & finally following up w docs that want to help solve this. I was tested by GI.

I recommend everyone to follow up w docs & not self diagnose. Insist on proper testing.

In my case I believed ENT that I had acid reflux& gerd but pushed med all year to take & didn't test me for silent reflux until I found a different ENT that ordered a GI to test.

I'm not a doc but want to help others if they get run around w their docs, as I've experienced. Have stool test, complete blood count, strep test, mono, sonogram to test all organs that may cause BB. I'm still following up but it took this long to find docs to continue tests.

test for h plori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.