BC Chemo - Mouth Sores, any suggestions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning ladies. My best friend is going through this ordeal of BC, you all are very brave and I admire you very much.

Would any of you have any suggestions about how you manage mouth sores?  Thank you very much.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had very bad thrush and mouth ulcers so much so I ended up in hospital and I was advised to use Daktarin constant helped
    • Posted

Oh my gosh! Pamela, that's awful! I'm sorry that must have been awful. I have had thrush in mouth from Diabetic onset, but nothing like that. Thank you very much for the reply, I will pass along your advice. I wish you well.
  • Posted

I am well Jenn now got the all clear last Xmas what I didn't know was that thrush goes from you mouth right down your Gillett if you get it bad
    • Posted

I am SO glad you are all clear as of Christmas. I truly admire your strength to go through that process. 
  • Posted

It's something Jenn that you do to survive life is precious
  • Posted

Hi Jenn,

When I was going through chemo, I had been told by one of my sister's friends to bring popsicles and eat them during the Tx.  I didn't end up with mouth sores but can't say if it was due to the popsicles. 

Hope this helps and tell your friend to hang in there.  Its tough but there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

best, S

• Posted

This was SUPER helpful Sylvia. It helped her through the experience. Thank you again! smile

• Posted

I'm so happy it helped!!  Anything to get through the Tx. 

Best to your friend!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.