Because of Rheumatoid, I can.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

All because of Rheumatoid. I can...

Pull up to the gas pump in the pouring rain, take my cell out, and call the attendant to fill my van....

Cruise the grocery in my power chair and never have to shift from foot to aching foot while standing in line...

Meet the most handsome, muscled hunk in the store, bat my eyelashes and say, "Hi, may I borrow your height"...

Rest all day and read a really good book cover to cover...

Never be expected to help push someone stuck in the snow..

Find a seat on a crowded city bus...

Look mighty fine wearing drop dead gorgeous four inch heels and not suffer awful foot ache at the end of the evening cause I am now a roller..

What advantage over all the able-bodied people do you now enjoy?????

Keep your chin up, do not hide your rheumatoid, and smile, smile, smile, ask for what you need (most prople have no idea that your arms can not reach, etc), and give them a hearty, sincere Thank you...

Kind regards,

judith

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Love this! You're amazing! :-)

• Posted

Bless you, I have just literally come out of my rheumatologist and told to go back on methotrexate and now on the bus reading this, you made me smile

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Shirlee,

Find an area of your body and celebrate it...my fingers and hands may be crippled and obvious BUT I love to grow and decorate my nails!

Ya outta see what I can do with polish while hospitalized...

Do not let the damnable disease win!

judith

• Posted

Agree wholeheartedly. I used to be so independent and was scared when I started to become weak, but there are positives amongst the negatives
    • Posted

Hiya Ruth,

What do you need to regain your independence?

And a second question...what makes you smile?

I will be watching for your post.

Have a realky pleasant day

judith

• Posted

Hi Judith.

I went camping last weekend, and got myself stuck on the floor after I fell off the air bed. That made me smile! I try to do thingsand I know I will probably suffer afterwards but I keep telling myself that it is worth it to be able to still do things. The thing that bothers me at the moment is my inability to walk far. I do worry that soon I will be stuck in the house everyday. Still I am gonna keep going till the last.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.