Bed sore from sleeping on back

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone developed a bed sore from sleeping on their back?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No... I tried to do what they did in the hospital- turn myself slightly towards the left with a pillow propped behind ... Then after a while switch directions. Hard to do on your own but so worth it. Turn just enough to take the pressure off your backside smile
  • Posted

Put a piece of sheepskin under you it stops the friction from the sheet. I had one on my heel, cured it.xxx
    • Posted

Ah thanks gaby - haven't got one but I'll think about that x
    • Posted

I had a little electric hot pad that had a sheepskin cover, so just took the cover off. It's really important you don't let the sore get worse!!

I've tried being on both sides @ 6 weeks now. Operated side I can last 5 mins ( pillow between legs) sore and other side about 10 mins , muscle pull or something, not comfortable. Hope it will be soon. Snore too much on my back lol

• Posted

Ah a little piece of sheepskin might do it - I'll look for that. I feel generally I'm doing pretty well - getting around etc, but SO tired!

Thanks gaby

• Posted

One of my daughters just came over with a sheepskin she'd bought me from Dunelm, kind girl. So will try that tonight. Been sitting on it on a chair - v soft.
    • Posted

Greetings abby, be sure to putt the sheep skin against your bare bottom.

The oils in the sheep skin will help heal you site.smile

• Posted

oh no, are you having one?

sorry to hear that Abby - 

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks Renee - just a hot red patch at the mo - a " Stage one". Last night slept on unoperated side in absolute desperation ( no sleep on back since last Mon) and that was a lot better - sleep v fitful but at least slept a bit x
  • Posted

Hi abby

I have a grade 3 on my heel from hospital. Reslly important you take care of any red patch. Get the district nurse involved. They will supply a pressure mattress. You must make sure it does not progress further.

I have slept on unoperated side since dsy 5 with a pillow between legs and on operated side since week 4.

Take cate of that red patch. They can be very serious if they get to a grade 3

Takecare

Kate x

• Posted

Oh poor you Kate. I think I've caught this early - noticed it last night and phoned the hosp at about 9 - they said to go up so we did( my first time outside since the op - pouring with rain at 9.30 at night😞). They've just given me e45 at the moment. X
    • Posted

Hi Kate  I like you have been sleeping on my unoperated side with a pillow  between my legs..  I had a very numb bum and was getting no sleep at all.  I wondered if anyone else had broken the rules!!  I've not been able to sleep on my operated side as far too painful.  Bestsishes Annie 
    • Posted

My operated side is too sore but my I operated side doesn't like it much either. Even with the pillow my New hip side it's like a muscle pull ache, uncomfortable...... Dying to sleep on anything but my back🙄
    • Posted

Hi Gaby I know what u mean. My operated hip does eventally  start to ache and I have to roll over  onto my back again. Feels so sweet to  begin with though! 😊x
    • Posted

Why are bed sores a worry Kate! I have one on my elbow and two on

each heel, I just put sudacream on them. Do I need to do something else? Worried by your post. - thanks

How are you Abby? We seem to be going through this thing identically and now we have matching bed sores!

• Posted

Typo: There should be a question mark rather than exclamation after Kate on first line . Apologies.
    • Posted

I'm good today rose thanks - suddenly can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Re the bed sores - there are 4 stages and the later stages can be quite dangerous. Superman (Christopher Reeve) died of a bed sore!

• Posted

God your kidding superman died of a bed sore! Seeing them in a completely different way now c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.