Been googling, stupid but

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am 57 female, having lots of heart, chest, sternum pain and have had lots of tests to check heart is ok, scans, angiogram, 24 monitor etc all clear.  Problem I have is that I have burning, stinging pain between breasts and into back, palpitations that go on for hours, hearing my heart beating in my ears and now I am having this strange trembling feeling in chest and upper stomach area, like I have a mobile in my bra which keeps buzzing. Stupidly googled and came up aortic aneurysm as causing pusing/trembling amongst I might add lots of other things.  I have also had in last 6 months a scan on stomach, spleen, liver etc to rule out problems there, I am a bit overweight but lady scanning said she could see everything clearly  Logic tells me that if my heart is ok, my scan of stomach is ok then I would not have an aneurysm, is that the case or do they hide? I am swollen in stomach area and can feel little lumps under skin, which may be fatty deposits. I have a gp appointment Thursday to try to get to bottom of it.  Just wondered whether to mention this.  Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Having a scan or the abdomen would tell you in you would have AAA. Swollen in stomach is not an indication but aches and pain on the back could be one.
    • Posted

Thanks Rocky, I thought if they saw one one on the scan it would be mentioned. The pain in the back comes and goes and I think may be reflux related, but the pulsing is so weird, since posting it has gone but will come back again at some point.  Take care
    • Posted

Most of it sounds reflux related. Reflux can stimulate your vagus nerve and cause palpitations. 

They would have noticed the AAA and they have to be big to cause pain. Mine is 4cm and I wouldn't know it was there.

• Posted

Hi Derek, I recognise you from the GERD forums, I did wonder about it being that but was not sure whether it would cause long lasting palpitations and the funny buzzing sensation I am getting? I wish there was something I could do to test if it was that and then I would not worry so much.  Thanks
    • Posted

The buzzing part is certainly odd. Palpitations are often difficult to define and distinguish between other odd heart rhythms.

Good luck with your GP appointment.

• Posted

I'd mention it all the details to your GP because this will allow them to make a more informed decision. It's not unnatural to worry even if logic is telling you it's not heart related. Hopefully you able to discuss your symptoms, get some reassurances and perhaps most importantly get some resolution in terms of looking at other possible problems. Could be something as straightforward as a stomach ulcer (bug don't take my word for it 😉wink, but your GP will have a more informed decision. I'd stay off Google now; although we've all done it, it never helps, it just adds new theories to the pot and guess what, that wicked old brain will quickly imagine new symptoms that aren't necessarily there, as a consequence!

Hope all goes well. Take care and try a relax; tension build up won't help you feel any better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.