Been having anxiety issues for the past two weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am a 22 year old female, I recently found a new house and i am moving. My anxiety is at an all time high and I need advice on how to deal with it, before it becomes out of control. I should proabley start off by saying I had extremely bad anxiety in 2009, at the time I was experimenting with drugs and alcohol. I completely stop everything. And eventually my anxiety progressed and I didnt leave my house for two weeks. I eventually hit a point where I took a look at my life and decided to change. I didnt want to become a person who got their food delivered, never left their house and had 26 cats. I am not quite sure I rememeber what it was I did but I havent had a attack snice then, intill about two weeks ago. The panic attacks have come back at full force, I do have quite a few stressful tigger. (family in the hosptial, worried about my little sister, and moving into a new house). I have talked to my doctor who actually told me to try this site, and a bunch of other resources. I am glad I have a doctor that isnt just a pill pusher and is helping me through this. Back in 2009 I actually thought I was crazy, I didnt understand what was happening to me. My family had never expirenced anxiety and my doctor wasnt much help. Now i have a supportive and understanding family support group and everyone at work is so good and understanding. I am having a hard time understanding why i cant seem to shake this. Everyones says once I move and get settled I will go back to the way things use to be. But the hard thing is getting through this month or so intill I do get settled. I am activitly trying all types of treatements and support groups. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have anything that will help me, advice, anything please let me know. This seems to be consuming me and i just want my life back.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sky

I was about to sign out for the night and then noticed your post and plea for help. My heart wants to write a 'war and peace' type reply, but apart from the late hour, I got zero sleep last night and mentally and emotionally I am running on fumes.

What I can say is that I 'get it'. I can identify myself with everything you have said. You overcame the problem in 2009 didn't you. You will overcome this too.

Please try to divert your thoughts onto something other than your emotions. My worry for you is that you will spiral inevitably into a 'panic' and scare yourself unecessarily.

Remember, you are safe. Here you are on this site and there is someone here to offer moral and emotional support. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. You haven't lost your life, you have simply mislaid it. With help, plus your own efforts, you will find it again.

Everything you are experiencing at the moment is caused by the chemicals your brain is releasing in response to what you are thinking. As a quick-fix, it doesn't matter what you do, just try really hard to find something that will take your attention of your internal thoughts. There might be something utterly boring on TV. Whatever works, it doesn't matter.

I applaud you for not reaching for the pills to start self-medicating. You have good times ahead of you in your life that you can scarcely imagine. So, why not have a warm drink, find somewhere that you can sit or lie peacefully and comfortably, and use that imagination to take you somewhere absolutely amazing where you are surrounded by peace, security, and tranquility.

I send my best wishes and wholeheartedly pray you get a more peaceful few hours tonight.

• Posted

Thank you rain boy for getting back to me so quickly, It is a good feeling to know I am not as alone as I had thought. I did beat it once and I will again, just seem to be having a hard time getting there. My emotions do play a big part in my anxiety battle and are ideally what put me into a panic mood. Thanks for letting me know someone out there actually read this.  
    • Posted

Hello Sky

No need for thanks. People like us (that means you too) are here to support each other. And think of it this way, it is a two-way street. You have helped me too.

I battle my 'demons' every day just like so many people on this site and countless more who aren't. However, your kind reply has made me feel better this mnorning because you have given me reason to believe I have a reason for being here.

So - thank YOU!

• Posted

Hello skylakendall

Have just read your post, and the reply from Rainboy.  Very briefly, please try to look beyond this stressful time of moving into a new house.  It is one of the most stressful events in people's lives.  (My new neighbours bear testimony to that!).  Try to think of it as an adventure, and take each day as it comes.  That is all any of us can do in reality.  Think about when you are IN, and getting settled.  Of course, there will be a few hiccups along the way, but if you own property there is always something to deal with. 

Meds SHOULD help you temporarily...or alternatively try to think how lucky you are with a new home in reach.  Many people would be envious of this!  You have other concerns (family) too, but I am afraid this is life.  This is why so many of us suffer anxiety.  But there are also good times to be had and you must be positive and enjoy what comes your way.  Not easy!  But you will get there.  From one who knows!  Good Luck. 

• Posted

Well said, excellent advice, and so very true. Glad you replied too. x
    • Posted

CruiseLady and Rainboy thank you for your postive advice. Its has helped me this morning as mornings are my peak of anxiety lately. I was wondering what you two do for your physical symptons because thats what I am struggling with the most. I get short of breath, heart pounding, cheast pains, dry mouth, shaking, numbness of limbs. I have lost my appetite and I get really cold. I try breathing and what not but it doesnt always seem to work and I dread for the times I will expirence them again. I think that is what works me up the most. Any suggetions on how to slow theses down I am really open to anything as I am trying to take a proactive approch this time. thank you both once again
  • Posted

Try not to worry its just stress overload, your body needs an outlet and it gives you symptoms to communicate with you. Your not ill you've just got body sensations we all get them but some people..... Like us hold onto them too tight. Let the sensations just be there and carry on with your day as normal. Ul soon b looking back on this episode.

Enjoy your new home when you move 🔑

• Posted

Hello Sky

What I will say to you (kindly) is when your anxiety lessens then the physical symptoms will start to decrease.  Whether you will need to resort to meds, or whether you can "train your brain", so to speak.  It may take some time, as most of these symptoms, in my experience, are the result of  long-time underlying stress/worry/physical tension that you may not have been aware of. and they are warning signals that your nervous system has been stretched to its limit.  Try to prioritise your daily life....tomorrow is another day.  Each and everyone of us is under some kind of stress, but the body/mind can only take so much, and then the symptoms start to appear.  I sincerely hope this helps you a little.  You are young and have your whole life ahead, and there will undoubtably be some good/happy times ahead.  Look forward!  Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much, this morning I woke up at 8 am which isnt ideal because I work afternoons. Typically I would stay in a panic attack and have hard time going back to sleep but this morning when I awoke, I just kept telling myself this is just a feeling and it will pass. Over and over again I said it to myself and I actually fell easily back into slumber. And now that I am awake again I have actually been keeping my anxiety at bay by reminding myself to just ride out the emotions and it will soon be over. Just being here for a day or to has gaven me some great new tools to try. I am excited to get my life back on track smile   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.