Been hit with a lot lately

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently been diagnosed with diabetes over active thriod which I now take medicine for heart palpations carpal tunnel in one hand ..chronic arthritis/ bursitis in my shoulder. But my question is why one night at work my arms legs then my whole body felt like they weighed a ton felt very confused then hands feet went cold lasted what felt forever but really was only seconds maybe a min. What could this be it's got me worried

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Angel, with all that's going on with your endocrine system, it's likely you have adrenal exhaustion. Unfortunately, this is common, also unfortunately not well treated with medications. Sounds like you need some dietary changes, supplements and herbs to slow the downward health spiral. A naturopathic Doctor might be very helpful for you as well.

• Posted

Thank you for your insight on this...I'm taking a lot of medications and I'll do more research on what you have provided me with...just very unsettling when I'm only 39...lost my dad recently to cancer then given all this shortly after...

• Posted

Hi,

With thyroid issues you are going to experience a lot. I had heart palpitations..tremors.. HBP cold feet...joint pain and it also makes you extremely exhausted.my endo took me off my thyroid meds because they were making me sicker. I was on levo/synthroid and neither of them worked for me. So get you a good endo Doctor that's going to check your levels every 2-3 months (T3 T4 TSH) and going to listen to your symptoms.

• Posted

Hello Angel:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA.  I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease since 1987.

Our thyroids regulate body temp and energy levels and our pulse a bit.  If your thyroid is Hyper or over active you will get palpitations and feel jittery and sweat a lot.  It can make your heart run so fast that you may feel like lead if the beat is too fast.  The body will try to correct itself but it can be a bit scary and some people can even get Afib. This is a serious condition. If you ever can't breathe or feel your heart pounding too much or your pulse stays high please see your A & E or Emergancy room.

See your doctor if it keeps up and get a ECG also called EKG, for a baseline.  You can buy a pulse oximeter which can help detect a high pulse.  They have them in stores and online.

They have medication called Carbimazole for Hyper people.  It may help to slow the thyroid down.  Take things slow and do not exercise as it can increase your heart rate and that for you can be bad.  Relax and rest when you feel funny.  You do not want to stress your heart.  You may need  to see a cardiologist also, it is a wise idea, and if you see one that is great.

Thyroid issues runs in families.  Hits in the ages 20 - 45 and can also come after pregnancy and after menopause.

Make sure all blood work is good, like calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium and blood glucose and B12 levels and Vit D.  Potassium is needed for your heart rate and all of these levels should be checked.

Please keep us posted on how you do.

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.