been on 100mgs of sertraline for many years doc just increased me to 150mgs is it normal to

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 100mgs of sertraline for many years my docs just increased to 150mgs is it normal to have increased anxiety

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

From what I've read it's normal when uping dose sould settle down after a couple of weeks in on 75mg I was on 50 for 5 weeks then 100 for 4 weeks got a numb/foggy head so doc said it was to high and told me to go to 75 still not levelled out how was it for u at the start ? And when did you feel better ?

Thanks

• Posted

I only got mine upped 5 days ago the worst is can't eat and constant anxiety driving me mad effects yr whole life
    • Posted

How long did it take to work when u first started them ? I'm on week 10 still not right

• Posted

Took me abt 12 wks the 1st time Rd but this time I know only a few days but my anxiety has kicked in big time this time Rd hate it so much can't even relax in my own house and going to work is a nightmare
  • Posted

Hi I've just increased the dose from 100 to 150mg two weeks ago and I've had a lot of anxiety and can't stop crying so hoping this wont last for much longer!
    • Posted

Really 2 wks and still increased anxiety I'm only day 5 and hating the increased anxiety so much driving me mad can't even relax indoors
    • Posted

What r u feeling like now my anxiety stops me eating sleeping and really struggling with work x
  • Posted

I haven't been to work much either and have little aappetite, also I'm finding I can't walk or stand for too long because my head feels a little spaced out and feel dizzy x
    • Posted

That's the same as me don't want to eat cause anxious but if I stand at work think I'm going to pass out keep trying little things like biscuits but so hard to swallow how r u at home I don't like being on my own at the moment x
    • Posted

If u fancy texting me my number 07904917212 x
    • Posted

Hi I upped my dose from 50mg to 100mg I felt same as u but I was 4 week in and numb/foggy head anxiety so doc said the dose was to high for me so I went to 75mg anxitey not as bad but still not right I think u sould go see you doc dose might be to high for you from what I've experienced I think you sould go up 25mg a time
    • Posted

Morning how u feeling today I'm feeling the same just anxious as soon as I get up doing my flipping head in
    • Posted

Morning I just feel like I've got s hangover every morning I'm off to work now :-(
    • Posted

Ok have a good day at work I'm bk to work tomorrow just want the anxiety to lift
    • Posted

Hi how's things had a bad morning but just started to come round thank god I feel better when I come on here and chat to people x
    • Posted

Not to bad just keeps coming over me then goes for a few mins then bk again
    • Posted

It's so hard but we have to keep going we can't let it beat us were you from ?
    • Posted

So true keep trying to be postive but hate when just comes over you x
    • Posted

I know what u mean about 3 weeks ago I had a good week thought I was though it then boom it came back its so up and down
    • Posted

How u doing now I'm day 13 of increase still got high anxiety and foggy head x
    • Posted

Hi up and down had 2 good day last week thought I was there then it all come back this morning just taking it day by day what dose have you gone up to ?
    • Posted

Had a good day Fri then yuk over wk end still feel anxious this morning I'm on 150mgs x
    • Posted

Not to bad today a bit anxious again and foggy head I'm from Portsmouth how u doing today
    • Posted

Nice to here from u Not to bad just feel a bit low how's life down Portsmouth ?
    • Posted

Not to bad very wet pouring down glad u feeling a bit better
    • Posted

Morning how u feeling today I'm feeling abt the same anxious and got go get up and go day 14 now arrrr want to feel better
    • Posted

Up and down again my problem is talking to people that's when my anxitey kicks in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.