been on mirtazapine for 6 days for depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

What symptoms are people having after taking this drug mine are feeling drowsy constantly feel numb headache tummy ache help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You're not alone with your symptoms. Had a similar experience. I've been taking Mirtazapine 30mg for 18 months. From my own experience, those symptoms pass away after a week or two. 

Focus on the any benefits. View the pillshas a route out of whatever problems you are facing.

I take Mirtazapine about an hour before bedtime. If I need to get up earlier than normal, then I'll take the pills corresponding earlier.

So you ought to stick with the medication for a while. 

(usual disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, this is non professonal advice. If in doubt, see your doctor)

• Posted

Hi Kathleen

I hope Mirtazapine helps you - bear in mind that it contains a slow release sedative that can last 24/7, it does for me, although some say it wears off in the afternoon.  Yes, it's best to take it before bedtime, you can move the time to suit your getting up routine.

The sedation is quite disabling for the first week, your system may get used to it in the second week ~ I wish doctors would tell their patients this as it is quite a shock at first.

The headache and tummy ache doesn't sound right, I wonder if this will settle down, if not talk to your doctor.

Wishing you well. 

• Posted

Calmer, good advice about Mirtazapine and the bedtime routine. With some trial and error, you can settle on a good routine. 
    • Posted

Thank you for replying back to me this is my first time on these tabs first night slept 7 until 10.30 the next day its reasuring to know I'm not alone I also use this tab for anxiety may I add hasn't helped woke up twice for the loo last night yes I take every evening at 7 half 7ish just want to be able to feel normal again I have 3 children that depend on me of course I'm getting help by family but goodness me never felt so zombie like motion less sensitive to touch I understand there will be side affects but this tablet has knocked me in to another planet thank you all for your advice hopefully fine some comfort in all of your advises will see how I am later and will post again tomorrow ta all x
  • Posted

Ok guys help me out felt sick before dinner but was very hungry partly ate my food and may I add I smoke so coughed and up I ran to be sick to get all the gunk off my chest are one of the symptoms feeling sick x
  • Posted

I've been on it for a couple of weeks to help me sleep ...I have disturbing dreams ...that are very realistic ...if I am dreaming of being restless in my dreams I wake up exhausted ...sometimes my dreams wake me up and if I am in high anxiety in my dreams I wake up and my heart is beating so hard I have to take a couple of lorazepam to calm Dow ...don't know how much longer I can do the mirtazapine ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.