Been on zopiclone for 3 year 3.7 one tablet a night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all am new on here.an was just wanting some advice please...I have taken 3.7 zopiclone for 3 years every night!my tolerance as built up an am experciencing with drawels every day....I am not going higher no way!!!i just need to know will I experience really bad with drawels going to half a tablet a night????my life already seems to be slowly spiralling out of control already...so should I just bite the bullet an cut down seen as tho am already with drawing??any advice would be really appreciated thank you xxxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can any body recommend what to do please?xxx
  • Posted

Hi Paula

cut down to half a pill (1.87) for 4 weeks then half pill on alternate nights for 4 weeks then stop. You may have some rebound insomnia at first but this will reduce quickly. Adapt a good sleep hygiene routine, lots of advice on Internet. .you can do this, trust me. I was taking 3-4 7.5mg every night for many years and reduced slowly over 4 month period, this method worked for me.

I tried several times to go cold turkey but always relapsed.slowly is much better. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Sheila....a massive well done you ❤️!!you have done amazing.i think the problem is I was taking diazepam 1-4ml per day,they tapered me far two fast off diazepam so am experciencing with drawels from those also. been off them for 2 weeks...an with the doctor cutting down my zopiclone my system as gone thru the roof with all the fast tapering.Am not wanting to go back on diazepam but I might ask them to put me back up to 1 1/2 zopiclone because my sleep is shocking an having major anxiety!!Am going to weather this storm an get thru this as hard as it may be...am just devasted at the mess this is 😥.Am waking up just sweating an anxious maybe getting 3 hours max am mind an body exhausted.thank you so much for your reply Xx
    • Posted

Hi Sheila,thank you for commenting an a massive well done for getting where you are ??!!have just stopped diazepam two weeks ago,so the problem could be a drastic tapering off two z' drugs.Going back to the doctors Friday as I feel like am in hell!if I could sleep I could handle half of this but am lucky to be getting 3 hours a night!!xx

• Posted

Hi Paula.  Don't give up.  I was taking 7 (7.5)mg everynight for years then starting weaning down with help from my doctor.  I am now taking half a pill and no withdrawals.  Dose here and there but must be getting enough sleep because not exhausted the next day.  I am feelng much healthier also.  Just have faith and when you go tobed just relax  Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Brenda,a massive well done to you ??!!love to hear of success stories an your doing amazing!have just explained to Sheila what's going on...doctors aren't bothered an nobody understands the hell what you have to go thru xx keep up the amazing work an thank you so much for commenting xx

• Posted

Hi Paula I went cold turkey from zopiclone wouldn't recommend it I'm now four weeks off zopiclone but am still getting anxiety I found this medication horrendous. If things get really bad I take a half a lorezapam. I was going to do a diazepam taper but was too scared of getting addicted to diazepam. I wish I had never been given zopiclone it really is a very nasty drug. I hope you don't end up becoming dependent in them. Just be very aware that these sleeping tablets are very addictive and that the drug tends to stop working after a few weeks. Al the best Caroline

• Posted

Hi Hun sorry for the late reply you are doing amazing keep going ❤️ Thank you for your reply...I just feel so lost am broken an sat wondering will I ever get my old life back am frightened xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.