Been suffering from tendonitis in right elbow for 2 years.

Posted , 4 users are following.

From over use of my right arm at work. Tried physical therapy, chiropractor,cordnazone shots. Was wondering if accupunture might help ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, tghat is what has helped me manage my pain, and it works even if you don't have a diagnosis, because CHinese medicine works differently. Give it a try!

• Posted

I had trouble for 2 years . Had lphysio cortizpne .. then Acupuncture . Did help . But not for long . PLASMA TREATMENT was fab . You have to be prepared and patient n do your own physio rigorously . You dont think its gonna work . Took 4 months or more to get right . Stretching and icing the key ...
  • Posted

Hey billmorse. I've heard that acupuncture does help. I haven't tried it. I'm 3 weeks after a PRP shot right tenniselbow. Still waiting to get better. Started the strengthening exercises with flex bar and stick. Very debilitating. Will try acupuncture if the PRP wasn't successful

• Posted

Prp can take 4 months or more to settle down n get pain free or longer ..
    • Posted

Sue quick question. How are you feeling now and how long has it been since your prp? Did you do the flexbar. My doc recommended if the first prp doesn't help to try a second. Still in a lot of pain. Can't really do everyday things like taking gallon of milk from fridge. Any input will be appreciated

• Posted

hi,

?feeling good, you still have to watch it if you know you are overdoing it, it's been about 2 years now i think.... its a painful procedure no mistake, you think its not working as takes time for the tendons to repair, you dont use Ibrophren for about 5 months and if i do feel it's gonna start, i try to rest use my clamp ice and stretch, i go to gym 3 times a week if i can and use mt elbows quite a bit , i swim also after gym... ice if i need to , i use a roll on freeze from fridge which gives relief... what job do you do, mine was set off decorating new extention and gardening and probably to much laptop use ... i couldn't peel veg or do so many things which was so hard as my hubby disabled... now i can do everything again .... good luck go for it  

• Posted

Thanks for the good advice sue. Im a federal officer here in USA so need my elbow to be good. yes i CANT DO MUCH WITH THIS ARM. iTS BEEN TWO LONG MONTHS NOW AND 3 WEEKS SINCE PRP. Im worried that if it does not heel with prp that i might need to consider surgery. The DR told me that sometimes you need a second prp injection. Very debilitating condition. Second PRP will put me back to day 1 and really didnt want to go that route. Frustrated here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.