Been suffering with BV for over a year..I feel like life is over

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey ladies first I'd like to say I totally feel ur pain if suffering from BV...you think by now they would come up with a cure!! But ive tried it all from peroxide douche to inserting probiotics and it seemed to work but for only a day or two. Recently I started taking the probiotic orally first thing in the morning with a bottle of water, midday I take a multivitamin along with a folic acid about lunch time and in the evening I take a pill called Femdophilus that I purchased on Amazon. The others can be bought at Walgreens or your local drug store! But all in all it seems to be working. But I'm afraid to stop taking anything for fear that the smell will come back. Uggghhhh...good luck ladies but this is wat I've been doing and so far I have no complaints.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey I am currently being treated for BV with metronidazole vaginal gel and it's only my second day using it and already the smell is gone.. have you been tested for trichomoniasis it's an STI that's very similar to BV? Also I saw you said you've tried many probiotic treatments have you taken any antibiotics yet because having it for over a year would drive me crazy. Hope what you're doing does help and keep it at bay but if not you might want to get tested and or go on metronidazole.

• Posted

I took the metronidazole many times and it works for few day , now after a year I start to feel better taking :

- garlic in the morning

-at lunch vitamins Zinc and probiotics

- acid folic in the afternoon

-and wash with cider vinagre .

It look like it work but its been just 2 weeks than im better , will see.

• Posted

good to know these things because if these antibiotics dont work i will definitely be trying all the things you all have done
  • Posted

Boil some chamomile in water and use strainer to get the water only. Wash the infected spot with warm water and foam the spot with natural soap and rinse it. Take the chamomile water that you boiled and wash that spot and rinse it again with lukewarm water. Take some olive oil or vegetable oil and apply it on the infected spot. Also use canesten cream in the morning and don't forget to wear pad to protect your from vaginal discharge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.