Been told I have a slight swelling on one of my kidneys - waiting for CT result

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had an ultrasound recently and was told there was a slight 'swelling' on one of my kidneys (about 2cm) and was sent for a CT scan. I am waiting for the result, am very scared, has this happened to anyone else and any reassurance out there? The ultrasound was for something else and this was spotted. I am very stressed. Can anyone help?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Please don't panic try to relax i know it's hard for you not to think or even relax bcoz if you keep thinking it will worsen just wait for your ct scan and see what your doctor say. If it's a syct my mum got it on her kidney and the doctors conforted her not to worry just leave it as it is. Hope you will be better take care

• Posted

I have had  a "swelling" on my kidney for years and was told nothing to worry about. It has never caused any problems so try not to worry.

• Posted

Thank you that's reassuring. Hoping for my ct results tomorrow or Weds. How was yours found and diagnosed?

• Posted

I was having investigations for recurrent urine infections and had several xrays of the kidneys and bladder with intravenous dye. The urologist showed me the "swelling" on the xray...a shadowy blob....but said she was not worried about it at all. That was about 20 years ago and I'm still here!!!!!    Possibly she was not worried as she had seen many benign "blobs" in her career.    Do let us know what yours turns out to be[if anything]. I have often wonderd what mine is.

• Posted

Hi marina

my consultant has said he is almost sure my swelling is fatty tissue and benign and they will keep an eye on it but thinks it's nothing to worry about. He said they may scan it periodically but reassured me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.