Been told my thyroid results are borderline but all symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been in hospital all weekend with irregular heartbeat and swelling of face legs and most of body, have all usual symptoms of hypothyroid but they say it's subclinical now at my wits end, my TSH was 5.6 and free T4 9.6, they didn't test for T3 or antibodies. Am I right that in the USA these levels would be treated . Also have depression, no

Motivation, muscle pains frequent urination

Thanks Ann

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Poor you. Im on treatment and feel rubbish with a tsh of 2.6. I urge you to seek advice on the thyroiduk forum, the levels of knowledge is staggering and hopefully you will get all the info you need. Good luck. X
  • Posted

Actually, according to the lab range that my GP

uses, you are definitely out of range....

they go by TSH 0.1 - 4 and T4 of 10 - 22.

Xx

• Posted

Hi Lucky, I have severe Hashimotos and my TSH never tested above 2.5. I was diagnosed based on an ultrasound of a large compound cyst on my thyroid. My antibodies never tested high. My rT3 tested high. 

Honestly, TSH of 2 is borderline and could cause you to be completely exhausted all the time. 5.6 is really high. You have hypothyroidism.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.