Beer and celexa

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking Celexa for almost a month @ 20mg I had several beers tonight and this is my first time drinking with this medicine. I take it at night since it makes me drowsy. Anyone taken it while having some beers? I'm a little nervous to take it since drinking and it making my anxiety a little more intense the usual..

thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I was taking 30mg. For almost 5 years had the odd drink now and then and I was fine. But....... New year I went out and got complety drink drunk and the next day my anxiety and depression were back with a vengeance I waited 2 weeks to see if it would calm down but never did 😭 I'm on 40mg now for 5 weeks. I would defo recomend to go slow have 1 beer see how you feel as it can make u drunk very fast on these meds. When I first went on meds I waited a year before I had my first drink. Just be careful and listen to what your body is telling you .. 😊

• Posted

I am on week 6 of these meds and I am feeling a lot better. I used to like to have a bottle of cider on a Saturday night to chill out at home but I haven't since I started cit. as I'm feeling a lot better I do fancy a drink but I am also a bit scared to I've made such good progress I don't want to risk it.

• Posted

Hi Kristin...my advice on drinking with citalopram would be to deffo take it easy!! I've been on cit since last August...I didn't drink for the first 3 months as I made massive progress and didn't want to rock the boat!! I've noticed if I just have 2/3 beers I'm fine...although I do get a slightly exaggerated hangover the next day!! I have drank 2/3 glasses of wine on these meds and game over!! I got drunk really quickly and felt awful for days after!! I also started to sleep walk during the night on both times that I've drank wine!! I wake feeling very disorientated and don't remember anything after the first glass!! Hence I now stay off the vino 😳 I wouldn't say 'don't do it' as if you're like me...I work all week and I've always liked a drink on a Saturday night...but trial and error!! You will find what makes you feel bad and what makes you feel like you've had an enjoyable night...as at the end of the day...all we want is to be happy again!! Hope you are well..and hope you felt ok after having a cheeky beer and taking yur meds 👍🏻 X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.