Benefit enquiry

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can I transfer my ESA and pip from England to Scotland ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aaron I would think so, not sure though so give pip a ring, I'm thinking that pip is UK but not parts of Ireland, are you moving permanently

• Posted

Yes it's all UK.

• Posted

Yes for the time being it does relate to the whole of the UK.

?However at sometime in the future Scotland is to be given the right to award these benefits using their own criteria which would appear to be a lot less harsh than it is in England, Wales & N Ireland.

?Also in N Ireland they have just started to move over to PIP from DLA.

who moved over

In England & Wales if you were under 65 on the 8th April 2013 you will move from DLA to PIP.Those who were 65 or older on that date will keep DLA.

?In N Ireland they saw that this wasn't fair as by the time some were transferred they were 68! They decided to change the date. So if you were under 65 by the 20th June 2016 you moved to PIP, those who were 65+ on that date will keep their DLA.

In addition in N Ireland they have made money available if you fail the PIP test and were previously on DLA. viz:

The Northern Ireland Executive has put  in place some measures to support people who are currently receiving DLA and who  are financially worse off after they have  been assessed for PIP.

If after their assessment, someone doesn’t qualify for PIP and lodges an appeal, we can provide a supplementary payment, equal to their DLA payment, until their appeal is heard and a decision is made.

We can provide a supplementary payment for one year if someone qualifies for PIP but at a reduced rate, and their weekly loss is more than £10. This supplementary payment will be equal to 75% of the difference in benefit. For example, if the difference is £20 they will receive £15?

?With Scotland looking like they will be making the PIP test easier AND their intention of doing what N Ireland have done to make sure those being transferred don't lose money as well, only Wales & England will have the hardest and most punative PIP system in the UK!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.