Benefits pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been told my application for pip is with the assessor. Do they decide if I have a face to face meeting

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should get a face to face meeting. 
    • Posted

I feel a little surprised if this is so. I was put on esa support group 6 months ago.when I showed her evidence including not allowed to drive due to personal disorderAnd fact tried to run people over on different occasions. Suicidal attempts.attacking my son with a knife. Being immured to mental health hospital She seemed to think I should not of had to do face to face as enough evidence was there.i have put even more evidence to pip so I will see what happens
  • Posted

I applied for pip, but my first was declined. I didn't have a face to face as they thought it would be to stressful. I have appealed against the decision. I have written a letter, they now have my medical records, and other evidence from others, as I broke my back nearly 5 weeks ago. They have had that report with a letter from me explaining that the person they where writing about , wasn't me it was someone else. Need to wait 2-3 weeks now for 2nd decision. Good luck with your face to face 
  • Posted

hi i have been through all this with pip they make things really difficult for people with mental health issues if you are to have a face face you can requst this to be done at home if it is done by paper and they turn you down do not give up go for the mandatory reconsideration if they still turn you down go for an a appeal but ask for a domisillary hearing this is where the court has to come to your home i did this as i am an agoraphobic and have severe anxiety and panic disorder i won the  daily living and was going to appeal futher but lost my partner and didnt feel i could do it at the that time it took a year and was backdated  it is worth fighting them as they do tend to pick on people with mental health issues as we are the ones that tend to give up also get as much supporting evidence as you can get hope this helps good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.