Bi-Lateral Hip Replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone just wanted to say a huge massive thank you to you all for your wonderful support to my 'cry for help'. This forum is such a huge support and every time I feel nervous I now look at all the wonderful words of support and feel so much better I will get through this.

Thank you all so so much.

Love Ann

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Glad you are happy Anne..hoping to feel the same after my first THR next Sunday. Can't wait to be relieved of the pain but still have to battle one more week at work. Wishing everyone a positive result if about to undergo this op.i want to be riding my bike again early spring. Thanks for reading my post.

• Posted

Hi Reg , I will be thinking of you and Ann on your surgery days and know you'll soon be on the other side looking forward to being mobile again

I'm 5 days post op 2nd THR and couldn't be happier , looking forward to dusting down my bike and hopefully loosing some of the weight I gained as I became a couch potato due to intense bone on bone pain

My R THR was 4 month ago and it feels like it did 20 years ago , onwards n upwards guys

Best Wishes Ange

• Posted

Dear Angie,

Your posts are now so positive and happy - go gal your life is up and running. I can't wait to feel the same.

All the very best to you dear lady and thanks so much for thinking of me.

Ann

• Posted

Good luck Reg. I was back on my bike cycling to work at 9 weeks, and it felt so comfortable!
    • Posted

Glad you are doing ok Angie I am getting there don't feel half as tired as I did for the first hip even though my iron count was low,I have had the best sleep that I have had for months even on my back.I am bruised all down my right leg though. I am also looking forward to spring and trying to loose some weight and maybe start walking again. Can't believe it's one week tomorrow for me! For anyone hesitating about having the op do it the pain is a differnet pain than the one you suffer even day and will hopefully go away x

• Posted

I wish you the very best Ann. I only had one hip done, but it felt so good afterwards. Good luck with yours.!
  • Posted

Hi ann,

- the wait is almost over -

this might be a good time to give thanks to your hips ..they have carried you and supported you all your life - 

it is okay to be afraid - very normal actually ... so accept that this is so ..

no need to be hars to yourself, you know ...

everything is alright, darling

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.