bilateral salpingectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a laparoscopy and bilateral salpingectomy and left partial oopherectomy and pelvic washout 5 days ago  I have passed stools although with difficulty and after a lengthy period of time this morning I noticed one stool had a small amount of bright red blood in it.  Is this normal? Should I take a laxative?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Were you constipated before this procedure? If so this temporary constipation will correct itself.  I don't think the bright red blood is anything to worry about...can be from pushing (may have torn something or broke a small hemmorhoid)....it is the brown or black blood to worry about.

If  you just had those procedures..they could have also disturbed something or made a small tear or cut.  I wouldn't worry unless problems proceed.

I would take a laxative if the constipation persists...because the stool would become easier to pass....just don't take them frequently.

I didn't go once for 5 days and I went and bought an enema 1 time..it works quickly and I felt relief immediately...Only used it one time and my cycle corrected itself after that.

Drink lots of WATER...seriously this helps bulk them and push them out.

• Posted

Hi. The constipation starts after the procedure. I have taken a natural laxative today so hopefully that works. I will continue to drink lots of water Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.