binge drinker update

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi first ov all i just want to say a big thank you to everone on this site you are all so helpfull and kind i have not had a drink now for just over a week its not long but im proud of myself and think the people on this site have helped so much i now have an appointment with inspire on monday so im hoping to get the help i need from them to make my family proud of me and a big thank you again to everyone on this site for your help

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Binge drinking is bad for health and society. Drinks like Brandy,whisky,Rum,Vodka have more than 40% alcohol. Less than a few minutes, alcohol reaches brain barrier damaging the nervous system. Particularly Brandy make the brain corrupt when taken regularly. Brandy takers become slowly harsh, develop more anger, elevate sex feelings and money greedy. Even they don't feel bad to cheat and harm people for money.

Alcohol is good to heart and relieves stress only if you take just 60 ml daily or alternate days. But even a drop more than that becomes Poison to the body.

• Posted

well i dunno what to say to that bit of a wierd reply to what i wrote but nevermind
    • Posted

get your facts correct before you lecture alcoholics on the effects of alcohol- where did you get that drivel about brandy from- i'm in recovery since 2005- whack jobs like you make me wonder why i gave it up ???? actualy i do know why i gave it up !!!! i may have started to think like you !!!!! god preserve us
    • Posted

Alcohol is alcohol, Madhavan. Brandy is no better or no worse than other drinks with the same alcohol content and it is overall alcohol intake which matters so a person drinking large amounts of wine or beer is more at risk than a person drinking a small safe amount of spirits. You have to take each person's situation individually to be able to assess their risk.
  • Posted

I am trying to say the safe limits of alcohol and the effects of excess intake of alcohol. If you think as reply to your discussion then it may be weird to you. But if you see as red-alert to the people who are living in this earth and who have been consuming excess alcohol for pleasure, it will look as a good reply.
  • Posted

well done stephen - a week is a long time in politics  - its also a hell of a long time in recovery- you should be very proud of yourself- stay strong- stay sober -
  • Posted

Hi Stephen

Well Done!! I myself am a binge drinker and had not had one in 4 days - yep not long BUT I think the last episode of 78 units in 2/3 days had pushed me over the edge - I have never felt so ill and scared after my binge - I honestly thought I was gonna die my heart was beating that fast - I am hoping its scared me enough to keep off it this time. This site is brilliant,I get more help and comfort here than any doctor or project I have seen.

So well done Stephen and keep it up xx Sara xx

• Posted

I was wondering how you were doing Sara.  Well done on the 4 days without.....keep strong and brave ....and keep us informed because we need to know.

Take carexxxxxxx

• Posted

hi sara i just want to say good luck keep it up the binge drinking is no good it took me my family breaking up before i realised that its just not worth it and if you felt so ill its got to be a warnig to stop all the best and good look you can do it
  • Posted

Nice one Stephen!

Its good that you're gonna get some help,it really does help in the end.

I've been alcoholic since I was 16__now aged 55. I quit 3 months ago after a lot of professional help mentally and with drugs. There are a lot of helpful people out there who really know their stuff. Sounds to me like you're doing really well,you've done the hard bit by admitting to your problem and seeking help, well done!!! Keep us posted on how you get on.

Not sure about madhavan comments though!

• Posted

Well done Stephen!  You have every right to be proud of yourself, you are amazing.  I wish you all the best for the future and the "new you".  I wish I had your strength, I admire you so much.
  • Posted

Well done Stephen. I am sure that your family are already plenty proud of you but it never hurts to impress them more smile
  • Posted

Also want to say well done on stopping. I know how hard it is as I have personal experience with the struggle. The last 10-15 Years has been the hardest. In my teens and 20s there wasn't a problem with it. I started having blackouts and was falling over and losing things. I stopped for a while and then went back to it for 3 Years and more of the bad stuff happened. I stopped again 2 Months ago and I can honestly say that I love waking up with the effects from the night before, being able to remember what I said, who I was with and what I did. I am also firing on all cylinders at work and am so much more focused. When you finally wave goodbye to the poison it's a revelation and it's life changing. The longer you stay stopped it gets better and better. Life happens but that's life. It certainly is a million time easier living life without getting into more debt and having the risk to health and from serious injury. I once fell and nearly broke both of my legs but didn't realise that had happened until I went to get out of bed at 3am. I had no recollection of how I got to my bed from 10 miles away in Central London. Very scary. I don't miss any of that at all. Today I have self respect and dignity and that is priceless. I am starting to learn about who I am and that I have feelings and that it's ok to express them. I'm not sure about the Brandy posting to be honest but each to their own. Alcohol (ethanol) is a poison. It's just that people who drink small quantities allow their bodies to recover. The less you drink the less the effects I guess the same as any other drug that human beings consume for recreation. There are always downsides. I think in programs for recovery there is almost a fear around feeling jubilant that you have managed to escape something that is threatening your life but I do feel huge relief that I have escaped and have an opportunity to live a full and happy life on this earth. That's priceless. I wish you well in your sobriety and on the journey. 
  • Posted

Was meant to say "without the effects" as you may have gathered. smile
  • Posted

Very Happy for you Stephen, keep it up!

there is no cure for alcohosim, But you will find the answers inside YOU!

All the best, smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.