Bipolar !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been diagonised with bipolar started new meds , my moods seem to be changing daily at mo from being sow low to needing to constantly be on the go as in walking miles and not feeling tired , was wondering if this is part of bipolar also seem to have high tolerance to pain .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don't have an answer to your question but just curious if you were on other meds when given this diagnosis.  Which med did they put you on for it?
  • Posted

Hi Richard I think maybe the walking is taking over your highs.. using that energy. I have days like this too..& then nothing at all. What meds have you been put on.. Iv tried a few but feel like I'm ok now not amazing bt better than ever before .
    • Posted

Hi Richard I started on that... quetiapine. .I found it pretty good.. I changed to lithium because of slow metabolism. .but apart from that no problems.. I hope it works the same for you 😉
  • Posted

I agree with Sharon, in your high moods you will be more active and less so when in a depressive state. keep the exercise going though you are doing well.

richard

• Posted

you seem to be what they call rapid-cycling, suffering both moods alternately.  You need to see your doctor about possibly change in medication to balance your moods.  Hope this helps.. 
    • Posted

Thanks carnelina , just been for my weekly check at hospital and now on 100mg Quetiapine so hope this works as I need to get back to work been off for 11 weeks and have family to support .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.