Bisoporol and sinuses

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

does anyone on Bisoporol have problems with their sinuses?

L

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well I have had sinus problems for the last five weeks or so. But I am on Sotalol, not Bisoprolol - and while I am generally prone to blaming BBs for various side effects, I had not thought of Sotalol as being to blame on this occasion!
  • Posted

Hi Linda,yes I'm in pain at the present time with my sinuses,my Bisoporol has been changed in the last few days as AF has been quiet bad and my BP very high,we always make excuses for why my sinuses have been bad the few days and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

• Posted

Hi Pauline,

I have been having intermittent sinus problems since I started Bisoporol it has got progressively worse the longer I have been on them in the past few weeks it has been particularly bad and as you say we look for reasons why, the weather allergies etc. I took a look at the leaflet that comes with the Bisoporol and it says can cause nasal congestion, that I could put up with but in the past few weeks it has become very painful.

I hope your AF and BP settle soon, as my GP always says if I complain about a medication side effect, the benefits outway the risks.

he wouldn't say that if he had to put up with it.

Linda,

• Posted

My mom has sinus problems (congestion, snoring,  and discomfort -- sometimes a runny nose), but I noticed it happened after her cardioversion and she was put on amiodarone and eliquis.  The nose  bleeds got so bad after the eliquis, at one point, she had to have her nose packed with a balloon (and we've since stopped the eliquis).   I am taking her to an ENT next week.  We cut the amiodarone to 100 mg./day (1/2 a tablet) and stopped the eliquis. I see no improvement (she is also very hoarse).  She is not on any blood pressure medication. 

• Posted

Hi Linda, yes I do get upper nasal irritation with bisoprolol. It causes me really itchy top of my nose next to my eye but inside. It gets really runny also. How long have you been taking it?
  • Posted

Linda you could ask your doc if Naseptin cream will help. You put a wee bit on your finger and put it up your nose, it helped me. It's easy.

• Posted

Thanks Garry I will ask him, anything to relieve it,I have been taking B for about 18 months, at the moment the pain between my eyes just above my nose and the popping and banging is driving me mad,I am also getting copious amount of nasal mucous eveyday.

Thanks for the advice

L.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.