Bisoprolol 5 mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hve been on Bisoprolol, 5mg, for the past 4 years, after a heart attack, which resulted, in a stent placement.The only problem i find , Is that i get tired more easily then i ever i did, However i do take 4 other meds, for my heart, so it may be a combination , My cardiologist did say to me that it is not uncommon to feel tired on beta blocker, Mike

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Bisoprolol for just over 2 years and feel constantly tired since taking it so you are not alone.

Phoebe

• Posted

I think it it now well established that the Bisoprolol side effect of feeling tired can range from just feeling tired, to absolute wipe-out, mostly, but not always, depending on the dosage and individual tolerance.  I was exhausted physically most of the time I was on Bisoprolol, not to mention depressed and gaining weight, oh and can add hair loss too!..... On the other hand my husband has always taken it and still does and has no problems.   So it will be up to you to judge where you are on this and to seek an alternative if you are in the group who react adversely.
  • Posted

hiya

I think that if you really have a go about your tiredness at the doc that they can find other things to replace biso., Sometimes when you tell them you are tired they just think well so are they but they don't seem to realise that it is more ..so best go and really really moan and pretty much say you reallt do need different than biso.,  good luck and hope you succeed

JK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.